Stray Fawn Community
astroslug

Sudden increase in air resistance

I was in an asteroid field doing a "disrupt fracking operations" mission.  The world has no air resistance and I was zipping around just fine.  At some point during play, air resistance suddenly became high and stayed that way for the rest of the mission.  I am sketchy on details as to whether anything triggered this.

Version 0.7.4, researcher campaign, galaxy #3.

All I remember is that it happened after I ventured into the centre and saw the (shielded) fracking base.  I was positioned underneath, and unloaded my weapons at the underside of the asteroid it's perched on (to see whether I could damage the terrain).  I was equipped with plasma rocket launchers and kinetic blasters, each with both bullet count and projectile life upgrades.

The only other thing I recall prior to then is one of those little blue crystal native creatures harrassing me, which resulted in a lot of me flying around bumping into stuff.

I've also attached a GIF of something else I saw in that same run, with some weird collision glitch which you can see on the left side of the screen.  Dunno if that's relevant or not.

Nimbatus_GIF_201908212355491188.gif

• Like 1

I've noticed this happening a lot in general, on many worlds, for a long time.  It usually happens after collisions but isn't reliable enough to reproduce on demand.

• Like 1

Yeah I wondered if it's not an air resistance thing at all.  It could be mass related, and just feels like resistance when thrusters lose effectiveness.  Still, in a zone with no air resistance, the drone surely shouldn't be decelerating when not under thrust.

• Like 1

I assume the same glitch or a similar one is still happening after I spawnd a couple of drones, might be related to colisions or the high friction blocks or something. dunno.

I think that sometimes parts of blocks get stuck within drones; usually when you collide with objects using an unstable drone.