Stray Fawn Community

Improve mineral harvesting line of sight

astroslug

Hoovering up minerals in small nooks and crannies could use a small quality of life upgrade.  I'd like to see a reduced sensitivity to line of sight.  Right now, it never quite works right, even if I shove the harvesting nozzle right in there.

I clipped an animation tonight of trying to clean up the last of a mineral patch.  Notice the animation shows minerals flowing into my resource tank, but in fact nothing was changing.  The GIF is short, but I sat there like this for some time before giving up on that probably less-than-one extra resource.

Any improvements to this would be welcome!

Nimbatus_GIF_201908212344425419.gif

• Like 1

Oh right hmm yeah I see that a bit, where resources get a kind of outer crust that's impenetrable.  Usually though, I can get around the side of it, and then mine it from the inside.  Also see that same "crust" shape when respawning on a planet where I've mined an entire patch of resource.  Or destroying one of those purple puffy cloud things next to where there used to be ore.

I've also experienced this same impenetrable thing with terrain, where I could happily mine the terrain inside but couldn't get through a wall.  Will have a look on my other machine in case I recorded a GIF of this.

• Like 1