Stray Fawn Community

Color LED improvements

Draco

This should be a simple feature, simply assign an input to each color of an LED  

another idea would be to allow players to create their own colors for the LEDs using a menu similar to this one. 

Colour Wheel.PNG

• Like 1

3 replies to this post

Sounds like a viable idea. My suggestion is that it would be similar to how it is now: You have a selection of predefined colors (for people who don't want to mess around with it). But additionally there are HSV sliders on the bottom. If you select a predefined color, the values of the slides automatically adjust in a way that it results in the selected color. But you can freely adjust the slides and the LED will light up in the set up color when active.

The saving would need some rework probably, because of how it is saved internally (1 Enum vs. 3 floats), but I think it should be possible to convert it to a new mode.

I think the usage is familiar to most players, as it is similar to adjusting for example the length of a distance sensor :) I would suggest to use HSV, as that mode is more intuitive than straight RGB.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:57 AM, Markus said:

Sounds like a viable idea. My suggestion is that it would be similar to how it is now: You have a selection of predefined colors (for people who don't want to mess around with it). But additionally there are HSV sliders on the bottom. If you select a predefined color, the values of the slides automatically adjust in a way that it results in the selected color. But you can freely adjust the slides and the LED will light up in the set up color when active.

The saving would need some rework probably, because of how it is saved internally (1 Enum vs. 3 floats), but I think it should be possible to convert it to a new mode.

I think the usage is familiar to most players, as it is similar to adjusting for example the length of a distance sensor :) I would suggest to use HSV, as that mode is more intuitive than straight RGB.

RGB, although it needs a color converter for HSV, can be stored in a single 32-bit integer. I feel like it would be much simpler to have just one extra integer than having 3 floats. A slider going from 0 to 255 for each color (red, green, and blue) would suffice, and the integer in question would be equal to (((red*256)+green)*256)+blue. Extracting the values for display purposes is easy, too: blue=color%256, green=((color-blue)/256)%256 and red=((((color-blue)/256)-green)/256).