Stray Fawn Community

Help With Unlocking Achievements

I am currently trying to unlock the Niche achievements in Steam that do not require to play in story mode. Specifically I am working on the achievements that involve breeding a creature with certain values in stats and the YouTuber achievements. I am aware that many of the achievements can be bugged and they won't unlock even when creatures that meet the requirements are born.

Are there ways to try and get around these bugs or should I just give up on getting more achievements from this game for now? 

• Like 2

I have all achievements save for the darwin award. Some worked just fine, others like the raccoon pattern and 1000 days thing took work. Just continue playing with the bugged save. It might pop up randomly at some point, has come up randomly at least 4 times. People had different issues though, and the youtubers all worked naturally for me. You can't know what might go wrong until you've tried.

• Paw up 1

Thanks for the encouragement. I've managed to get the raccoon and Perry the platypus achievements, though both required exiting and reloading the save file and breeding a second creature that met the requirements of the achievement before it unlocked.

Unfortunately this didn't work with any of the YouTube achievements yet. For the raccoon achievement I had to essentially find and copy a specific set of genetics that my breeding creatures could pass down before I could unlock the achievement. Do you think that this could be the case with the YouTube achievements?

• Like 2

By checking the placements of genes, do you mean that I should try to swap where genes appear on the DNA (like switching which slot has the claw and nimble fingers for example)? Also, does it matter if a creatures' inactive traits contain genes that don't match what is needed to unlock the achievement (like having active violet eyes but also having inactive blue eyes)?

I think I might try messing around with the pattern types, densities and other colors too at this point just to see if anything changes. I might also try breeding my clones on an island past the second tutorial island, since I've been trying to unlock as many achievements as possible on that island until now.

Either way, thank you for the help on this. 

On 8/30/2019 at 3:50 AM, megametalgreymon said:

By checking the placements of genes, do you mean that I should try to swap where genes appear on the DNA (like switching which slot has the claw and nimble fingers for example)? Also, does it matter if a creatures' inactive traits contain genes that don't match what is needed to unlock the achievement (like having active violet eyes but also having inactive blue eyes)?

I think I might try messing around with the pattern types, densities and other colors too at this point just to see if anything changes. I might also try breeding my clones on an island past the second tutorial island, since I've been trying to unlock as many achievements as possible on that island until now.

Either way, thank you for the help on this. 

Yes, sometimes having claw/ nimble fingers whatever in different slots helps (also remember that achievements are locked in sandbox mode). As for inactive traits make sure they are the same as you need in the active ones just to make sure so better twice violet eyes than inactive blue eyes :)