Stray Fawn Community

Devcom & Gamescom

Philo

Just got back home from Devcom & Gamescom :)
Devcom is an event with talks etc in Cologne, right before Gamescom. Gamescom is a HUGE events for gamers which you might have heard of ^^

I went to Devcom to give a talk about community-based development (again!) and about collaboration between different game developer teams (such as the Cattails devs and us giving each other shout-outs). I was super surprised when I won one of the "Devcom Hero" awards, which is given to people who try to bring the games industry forward :D

68674295_10212157157482545_7852937634438447104_n.jpg.28592bc11b25c2088104add21fe77dd8.jpg

After Devcom I joined our friends from Team Maniax to help out at their booth at Gamescom :)

IMG_1497.thumb.jpg.33c7a012bc4f81fa6dbc2930fe0431f7.jpg

Also had a couple of meetings, for example with Apple and Google to show them the concept for the Niche mobile game and ask for their advice. They were very friendly and helpful!

And then I also had some time to walk around and buy some stuff (Pokémon cards and manga mostly xD)

IMG_1499.thumb.jpg.865cefbe3613fa3951b2bb814054a2c6.jpg

IMG_1480.thumb.jpg.e20e6dc3bc02a6b3139b1210e615fe03.jpg

Was a cool week, but very exhausting! Sleeping all weekend and then getting back to making games on Monday ^^
Have any of you ever been to Gamescom?

• Like 4
  • Eek! 5
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, Philo said:

Sadly, no. I want to go. I think that Planet Zoo was having a giveaway there, but I’ll just have to rely on buying the (depressingly $55) Deluxe Edition for the demo (which is probably out now, come to think of it).

23 minutes ago, Philo said:

Was a cool week, but very exhausting! Sleeping all weekend and then getting back to making games on Monday ^^

My brother used to go every year, but not this year. Not sure why. I never went before, even though we live pretty close to cologne. I just don't like that many people and have a pretty niche (lol) taste in games :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1