Stray Fawn Community

Various Bugs

Draconiya

- Swimming tail is at an angle and detached from the rump, both ingame and in the family tree. I've made a line of "telekinetic mages" because of this, they use their levitating swimming tails to slap bunnies towards them.

- The portrait on the left, below the name, of a female with hidden Peacock Tail doesn't show up if she is the first Nicheling I click on after having the genes/skills/mutation menu tab closed by clicking somewhere else. If I click on another Nicheling first, then on her, everything's normal.

- The trunks and roots of birch trees glide around on their tiles

- The grass around tree trunks is a much more vibrant green than the regular grassland tiles

- The grassland tiles seem more pale than before, at least on the Whale Island.

- Moss Brown fur doesn't give any biome camouflage on grassland tiles on the Whale Island

- Is it intentional that Antenna don't actually show on the Nicheling? I was excited for insect-like feelers, but it seems they are invisible. Or is that a bug?

- In the family tree gene filter, in the genetic profile of Nichelings, and in the mutation menu, White Fur and Black Fur have black rectangles on them that look quite buggy.

- If a male has recessive Peacock Tail, it will show up on their model. If they have dominant Peacock Tail, they will display their recessive tail allele. Active Peacock Tail is displayed correctly in the game, but not in the portrait or the family tree.

- Twins merge into one after the mother steps off the nest

- Rogue Males will breed with a female even if she attacks them, like in the older versions

- Oak trees will sometimes spawn right next to eachother, which looks quite weird. Jungle trees have done this since the beginning.

- On the Whale Island it seems as if the old Niche music track is overlapping with a new one I don't recognize, and sometimes it sounds a little... busy, IMO

This isn't a bug, more like feedback: Love the update so far, but maybe the birch trees could be a bit less common, or the branches could also vanish if you zoom in close enough, not just the canopy? They are obstructing my view of the Nichelings quite a bit. Currently on Whale Island.

Also I have a question. How come wings, which I thought were supposed to be super rare, are unlocked in the mutation menu as soon as you have one Nicheling with one wing, while Beak, Peacock Tail and Scorpion Tail aren't, even if you have a Nicheling with them?

• Like 2

Thank you very much for reporting!
Antenna not showing is a bug.
Ok, we'll fade out the birch trees some more :)
There are still some problems with the gene unlocking of the new genes. We'll look into that this week.

• Like 1

You're welcome, and thanks for replying, Philo!

It seems as if I can't edit my post anymore, but I've found another bug.

A female with only one bloodclotting gene, the other one is a Y chromosome. She has no mane, is displayed as female, and has had children with a male - and her son has two Y chromosomes and no bloodclotting genes whatsoever. Another female in the same tribe is also genetically XY, but has no mane, is displayed as female and has bred. A third unrelated daughter has a dominant No Gene and recessive Normal Bloodclotting.

Very strange.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Draconiya said:

You're welcome, and thanks for replying, Philo!

It seems as if I can't edit my post anymore, but I've found another bug.

A female with only one bloodclotting gene, the other one is a Y chromosome. She has no mane, is displayed as female, and has had children with a male - and her son has two Y chromosomes and no bloodclotting genes whatsoever. Another female in the same tribe is also genetically XY, but has no mane, is displayed as female and has bred. A third unrelated daughter has a dominant No Gene and recessive Normal Bloodclotting.

Very strange.

I am currently breeding a line of creatures with no blood clotting genes xD because father and mother had none

• Like 1
  • Haha 1