Stray Fawn Community

I’m not sure if it’s a glitch but...

Nessie_0001

I’m not sure if this is a glitch but the Whale Island is in the easy category yet it has bearyenas and rouge males which the easy islands don’t usually have (that I am aware of). My sister tried it twice in sandbox mode and both times her tribe died within the first 20 turns. She is not a novice niche player and hasn’t had a tribe go extinct since she first started playing. Is this a glitch or was it intentional?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Philo said:

Hmm maybe we should move in up and make it a "normal" island?

Moving it up to a normal island seems to be a better idea. There were SO many rogue males and bearyenas when i played the whale island. I eventually adapted to outsmart them, but that took a while.

• Like 2

But doesn't the grass adventure island have rogue males as well? And you find bearyenas on any easy island.

Not that I would mind if the whale island was moved just wondering :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jojo said:

But doesn't the grass adventure island have rogue males as well? And you find bearyenas on any easy island.

That's what I was thinking. I have encountered rogues and bearyenas in some other easy islands. But it doesn't really matter to me which category it goes :)

4 hours ago, Jojo said:

I don't think that is the issue. It is true you will find rogue males and bearyenas on the grass adventure island as well fine. The big issue in this case is the spawn rate.

The grass adventure island has a much lower spawn rate of these enemies. But on the whale island, I was constantly swarmed with rogue males, and the fact that I couldn't see most of them due to the trees made things insufferable.

Another reason I think it might be best if it was moved up to normal instead is due to the food resources. It is hard to find food at the beginning of the island, and once you get to the other side, it is pretty much swarming with bunnies, which ARE an ample food supply, but if a beginner doesn't have enough strength, being able to keep up with the berries as a food resource and being able to take down the bunnies before they eat the berries can prove to be a huge challenge.

All in all, I believe it is a very big and noticeable difficulty spike in comparison to the grass adventure island, and fully support moving the island up a difficulty at least.

• Like 4