Stray Fawn Community

Speed run?

carlymkoenig

I was wondering if anyone was trying to either get all genes or reach Home Island as quickly as possible. I saw the Globetrotter Challenge. I have a few questions now with updates. I imagine Whale Island would be cheating for Home Island run, but not for genetics. Would you go by game days and/or time? I’m really interested to see how fast I could do both. 

• Like 1

You can get away with sending just one or two nichelings to every island and scratching immunity genes. Sometimes. But that is the fun part. Still, skipping to the jungle segment or summer mountains might be okay as long as you keep the natural order. Which the game might force you to, most of the time...

I wanted to do a Speedrun game that mixes An Honeestly Very Hard Challenge with Adam's Quest. Where, in this playthrough Adam has 100 days to live, and the game is lost if he dies before he reaches his home island (and/or obtains all genes). Damage multipliers would be slightly altered for environmental damage though due to the fact its very easy to take drowning damage in certain biomes.

The problem is, when I tried this out in Sandbox mode,  I couldn't utilize the challenge due to the fact that the islands were completely randomized. You essentially have to hope you'll find a Whale Island port and reach home island because trying any other way never seems to work.

Though I suppose if the objective is to get ALL genes and travel to Adam's island, it wont matter if you reach whale island because going to Adam's island prior to finishing the other objective that would essentially be wasting your turns.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lazuli said:

I wanted to do a Speedrun game that mixes An Honeestly Very Hard Challenge with Adam's Quest. Where, in this playthrough Adam has 100 days to live, and the game is lost if he dies before he reaches his home island (and/or obtains all genes). Damage multipliers would be slightly altered for environmental damage though due to the fact its very easy to take drowning damage in certain biomes.

The problem is, when I tried this out in Sandbox mode,  I couldn't utilize the challenge due to the fact that the islands were completely randomized. You essentially have to hope you'll find a Whale Island port and reach home island because trying any other way never seems to work.

Though I suppose if the objective is to get ALL genes and travel to Adam's island, it wont matter if you reach whale island because going to Adam's island prior to finishing the other objective that would essentially be wasting your turns.

Maybe you could do it with console? Console Adam to have more days, console creatures to take more damage, etc.

9 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

Maybe you could do it with console? Console Adam to have more days, console creatures to take more damage, etc.

I know you can do certain things like that with key commands, and I've seen youtubers do it (ex: Jessimew) but I don't know what to press for other things like damage ratios.

However I did have fun, creating a quest for Adam where he had to get all immunity genes before reaching Home Island. And doing this outside Adam's quest made easier to maximize environmental damage due to biomes like the archepelago not being necessary to get all the immunity genes, or reach Home Island (Drowning damage could quickly kill Adam and its necessary to swim to reach the other islands, for example).

So some rules I came up with were:

• Adam's teen and adult years are maxed to a total of either 170-200. This is because certain biomes require you to stay 30+ days and this will burn through a lot of Adam's lifespan. And that's not even getting into warmer biomes that will slow him down a turn. On the flipside this makes Adam infertile for a good portion of the challenge as well as all child nichelings. This means you have to be VERY careful about breeding because this also means if you run out of food or creatures with bad genes it'll be harder to banish them from your tribe to save resources.

• All damage ratios are up to 100.

• You must obtain all immunity genes before reaching Home Island.  It doesn't matter how you reach Home Island, but you have to get every immunity gene first before going. If you go to Home Island before completing this, you lose the challenge.

• Adam must be alive to complete the challenge. If Adam dies before you get all genes and reach home island, then you lose, regardless of whether or not any children of his carry the home island immunity.

• Only Adam is allowed to move Islands (Optional Hard Mode difficulty)

• You are allowed 1 other Nicheling with the Mouse Ears to obtain the gene. However, they must have double immunity with maximum lifespan, and can only live for one turn.
  • Like 1