Stray Fawn Community

Working hard on our new games ^_^

Philo

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Hey @Philo are there any proper ref pics I could use of the Nayomans? I basically want to try something unique and draw a Nayoman as a Nicheling! :D

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, Philo said:

Sorry I meant that what I posted before is the most accurate ref sheet currently.
(It seems it didn't include the video in the quote).

I guess that makes sense, though I don’t know if I’ll be drawing the flea into a Bearyena/flea hybrid xD

Just thought I'd drop in here to say that I think that these projects are really cool looking right now! :) 

Also, where does the name Nyoma come from? Just curious :) (I use that emote a lot, don't I)

Guest SilverTheNicheling
15 hours ago, AnimalRoundVeggie said:

Im interested what the fleas are gonna be called in the offical game... After all they cant just be called the flea...

Okay so I came up with an interesting name called “Zarigophas” I’m not sure what it’s derived from.. but I didn’t intend to have it be inspired by any word, it’s just something unique that I came up with! Does the name for the fleas idea sound cool @Philo?

NICHE BREED AND EVOLVE
TAKE MY NON-EXISTENT WALLET FULL OF SPIDER WEBS BECAUSE I WILL SPEND EVERY DOLLAR ON THOSE GENES AND ISLANDS AND KICKSTARTER THINGY

I feel like the only one who like wants the Niche - Breed and Evolve (that's how i'd think the title would look like) game

you said it would take 2-3 years to complete Nyoma, what about Niche - Breed and Evolve? Will you focus on one more than the other (if so, which one)? Also, in Niche - Breed and Evolve, I haven't seen an option to change their names, is that coming?

• Like 2

Guest SilverTheNicheling
22 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Zarigophas

To provide accurate pronunciation.. Zaree-gofas ^^

On 9/3/2019 at 8:44 AM, heyitsgeorgie said:

absolute baby.

and.. I am the first person in the world to draw fanart of them, right?

also. I am calling them nyomians. nothing can ever change this.

1832098550_NYOMABABPY.thumb.png.5185576918465871c371117968ad723f.png

that is so cute

the bottom right one I like especially

• Eek! 1

Sure guys, feel free to post some design ideas for Nyoma animals :)
Most of the animals in Nyoma will be a mix between insects and mammals (calling them mamsects right now for lack of better ideas xD)
No promises of anything making it into the game though! (If we're even actually making the game xD)
We usually come up with the game mechanics first and then think of a design that can communicate the mechanic well.
But it's always super fun and movivationg for the team to see what you come up with :D

@TundraKitsune
Thanks! Nyoma means "animal" and "wild" in Swahili.

@SilverTheNicheling
Cool name! Once again no ideas if and how things will be in the game. Maybe we will also go with a naming convention again (like with the animals in Niche where the name and design is always a mix of 2 other animals).

@Renio2490
For Niche - Breed & Evolve we hope to already release a first version in Q1 2020! So in January/February. But again, nothing sure yet.
We hired 2 people to work on the game 60%! One of them being @inmiu who played a lot of Niche herself and studied game design at the same university as I did. She is also creating the art of the Nichelings that you saw in the trailer :)

On Nyoma we are currently 3 people working 20% (so one day per week). Me programming the prototype, @Markus who does the animation and Stephanie who is doing the art assets. One of our programmers will join the project next year to help out (I'm a terrible programer).

Other than that we are mostly focusing on Nimbatus which is planned to be released in late Q1/ early Q2 2020, 4 people about 80%.
The Nimbatus release will most likely be our most important project in terms of earning money in the next year, which is super important to sustain the studio.
And then we're also doing the Niche Switch port currently. So many projects xD

• Like 5
  • Eek! 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Philo said:

Sure guys, feel free to post some design ideas for Nyoma animals :)
Most of the animals in Nyoma will be a mix between insects and mammals (calling them mamsects right now for lack of better ideas xD)
No promises of anything making it into the game though! (If we're even actually making the game xD)
We usually come up with the game mechanics first and then think of a design that can communicate the mechanic well.
But it's always super fun and movivationg for the team to see what you come up with :D

@TundraKitsune
Thanks! Nyoma means "animal" and "wild" in Swahili.

@SilverTheNicheling
Cool name! Once again no ideas if and how things will be in the game. Maybe we will also go with a naming convention again (like with the animals in Niche where the name and design is always a mix of 2 other animals).

@Renio2490
For Niche - Breed & Evolve we hope to already release a first version in Q1 2020! So in January/February. But again, nothing sure yet.
We hired 2 people to work on the game 60%! One of them being @inmiu who played a lot of Niche herself and studied game design at the same university as I did. She is also creating the art of the Nichelings that you saw in the trailer :)
On Nyoma we are currently 3 people working 20% (so one day per week). Me programming the prototype, @Markus who does the animation and Stephanie who is doing the art assets. One of our programmers will join the project next year to help out (I'm a terrible programer).
Other than that we are mostly focusing on Nimbatus which is planned to be released in late Q1/ early Q2 2020. (4 people about 80%)
And then we're also doing the Niche Switch port currently. So many projects xD

Im defenatly gonna give some design ideas...

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
53 minutes ago, Philo said:

@SilverTheNicheling

Am I able to be a part of the naming convention? Also thank you! : D

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 hour ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

so we're calling them nyomians right

Technically I called them Nyomans (as in Nyoma and Human combined)

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Philo said:

@SilverTheNicheling Not sure what exactly you mean by that. Either way it's still way to early to pick names for anything :)
It's not even certain yet that the game will be called Nyoma in the end xD

I just meant if I was going to pick out names for the game..