Stray Fawn Community

Working hard on our new games ^_^

Philo

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, Philo said:

Once we're at a point where the designs are final and the creatures are ready to be named, we can definetly gather suggestions and run votings in the forums :)
Hope that answers the question.

It did, thank you, I have such a hard time communicating with others it’s not fun.. and I’ll be sure to be more patient about Nyoma’s production, I’m just so excited for another new Stray Fawn game! :D

7 hours ago, Philo said:

@Renio2490
For Niche - Breed & Evolve we hope to already release a first version in Q1 2020! So in January/February. But again, nothing sure yet.
We hired 2 people to work on the game 60%! One of them being @inmiu who played a lot of Niche herself and studied game design at the same university as I did. She is also creating the art of the Nichelings that you saw in the trailer :)

yaaaay
though I don't know if I can wait until 2020 xD
(and I hope the "nothing sure yet" is a lie. I wanna play it so bad because it looks so cute and I just love the design and inmiu is also a really good artist!! I love the art)

• Like 1

Also, Philo, I have more questions;
How are you planning for the missions to work? What part will the berries play? (Like the usually berries in the PC version?) How many genes have you completed so far? How much would the new genes and islands be? (And how would it work? In packs, like different packs for different genes and islands?)

sorry for all the questions.

1 hour ago, Skysplash8 said:

oh my guacamole I need to design a creature for this new game n o w

okay, so i can't draw, but I propose an idea: ladybug/turtle creature. i know a turtle isn't a mammal buuut

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

@Renio2490
When a game is still in prototype phase you can't say for sure that it will be released. In this phase basic game mechanics are still being tested to see if you can come up with a good game loop. And if no good loop is found, it's better to just don't make the game. But I think we're on a good track with both games currently :)
So for Niche Mobile: In the first basic version we hope to release in early 2020 it will work similarly to what you see in the video. You need to breed animals that are adapted to the biome's requirements (such as having heat resistance level 3). If breed a fitting animal and send it to the biome, it will bring back resources, maybe meet new animals or maybe other events happen that we didn't design yet. Berries are needed in order to heal wounded animals, to breed new ones and to expand to expand your maximal group size.

• Eek! 2

I have a question for you guys, since I'm curious what you think about this:
The current plan is that in the Niche Mobile games animals WILL NOT DIE. Neither from predator attacks nor from old age. They can be wounded though and maybe will become less efficient when they lived a long time. You can retire old animals (kind of like elders in warrior cats ^^). But will still be able to visit them whenever you like. Opinions?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Philo said:

The current plan is that in the Niche Mobile games animals WILL NOT DIE. Neither from predator attacks nor from old age. They can be wounded though and maybe will become less efficient when they lived a long time. You can retire old animals (kind of like elders in warrior cats ^^). But will still be able to visit them whenever you like. Opinions?

Death isn't something in mobile games. As many young children play them, even toddlers. I believe removing death from the game would be your best option. Keeping it in the game would likely upset any who aren't already a fan of Niche.

• Like 3

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 hours ago, Philo said:

2 hours ago, Magicmoonss said:

Death isn't something in mobile games. As many young children play them, even toddlers. I believe removing death from the game would be your best option. Keeping it in the game would likely upset any who aren't already a fan of Niche.

I guess it is in agreement now to tone down the depressing death and rather make the game more easier to enjoy, personally I’m not a fan of death when it comes to Niche... my grandparents and other family members from my mom’s side have all died out... and because of that.. every time there is mentioned of how “death is apart of life” I wanna hit myself against everything I could have possible.

I don’t know if I made that explanation clear or I stupidly said it wrong, but more n likely I’m gonna switch between mobile more and pc less because 1. I’m generally on my iPad more because it’s portable, and 2. As I said I’m very sensitive to death and don’t know how to deal with it when it happens....

but if I get bored with the Niche mobile game, I guess I’ll head back to the good o’l PC version, and indulge myself in some life and death! :D cause that’s how depressed I really am!

7 hours ago, Philo said:

Perhaps... though you should be able to release animals because as you're saying, there will be a limit on how many animals, so you can breed new ones. This wouldn't be forced, it would be optional. I like to be clean and neat and not have a lot of creatures, so having the option to release them would be nice.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Renio2490 said:

Perhaps... though you should be able to release animals because as you're saying, there will be a limit on how many animals, so you can breed new ones. This wouldn't be forced, it would be optional. I like to be clean and neat and not have a lot of creatures, so having the option to release them would be nice.

Maybe have a journal of nichelings kind of like the one in Pocket Frogs. Where you can go through and see all creatures you don't have, creatures you did have, and creatures you currently have.

Kind of like a simplified family tree.

Also, Genetic sickness should make creatures less efficient in collecting. Or maybe make  creatures directly related unable to breed. (A way to get unrelated creatures would be able to find them while collecting and spend fruit to get them.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aetherbee said:

Maybe have a journal of nichelings kind of like the one in Pocket Frogs. Where you can go through and see all creatures you don't have, creatures you did have, and creatures you currently have.

Kind of like a simplified family tree.

Also, Genetic sickness should make creatures less efficient in collecting. Or maybe make  creatures directly related unable to breed. (A way to get unrelated creatures would be able to find them while collecting and spend fruit to get them.)

what

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

what

I'll try to explain what I think they were trying to say.

They want a picture book/journal that contains all of your nichelings. It'd act as the mobile version of the family tree. 

They also gave two reasons to avoid incest. Either out right banning it, or making sick nichelings weaker in collecting.

• Paw up 3

2 hours ago, Magicmoonss said:

I'll try to explain what I think they were trying to say.

They want a picture book/journal that contains all of your nichelings. It'd act as the mobile version of the family tree. 

They also gave two reasons to avoid incest. Either out right banning it, or making sick nichelings weaker in collecting.

Yep, thank you for that!

• Like 1

I’m calling the creature that you on the back of Torterra until it gets an official name because that’s basically what it is. (I just need to refer to it as something.) Also gonna post the art here cuz I posted it on the wrong thread. E0968C74-1A7C-4803-A6D7-6CAB8AB7E48D.thumb.png.c3e0b62057af92f88394ca0ed6adefa6.png

10 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Hoping I can get to work on a sabertooth, deer, beetle, and butterfly hybrid soon.. ;-;

by the way, did you know there's a few types of deer that have fangs, sorta like tiny saberteeth?

Guest SilverTheNicheling
20 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

by the way, did you know there's a few types of deer that have fangs, sorta like tiny saberteeth?

17 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

See the source image

I did! I actually found out about them from Shelter 2! xD (although tbh I don't think they're really considered "fangs" on this species of deer..)

3 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

I did! I actually found out about them from Shelter 2! xD (although tbh I don't think they're really considered "fangs" on this species of deer..)

"enlarged upper canines, forming sabre-like tusks" -Wikipedia (the website), so basically fangs right?

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
10 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

"enlarged upper canines, forming sabre-like tusks" -Wikipedia (the website), so basically fangs right?