Stray Fawn Community

Working hard on our new games ^_^

Philo

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Birthday Fawn (Philo) said:

@inmiu made a cute mockup some time ago, thought I'd share it here ^^

ComposedMeadow_Horizontal.thumb.png.ab1c3286d1ec9f6ffd577205f9871648.png 

Something abouth the anteater face looks off... The long skinny downward face while all the others are forwards, the weird tongue... kinda looks... The others look fine as heck.

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

On 9/11/2019 at 11:47 PM, Evil Aether said:

Same here. You just gotta do it. (I mean i literally personified my emotions... that's how I deal with it)

my emotions turn me into different people!, so my emotions ARE people.

Just now, Zixvir said:

my emotions turn me into different people!, so my emotions ARE people.

well more like yokai or people that inspirit me. I Guess?

@Zixvir We are thinking about a softlaunch (aka releasing the game in only one country first). Studios often do this to make sure the monetizing model of the game works and that there are no bugs. But before all that we will certainly let all you folks in the forums test the game out :D  

• Like 3
  • Eek! 4

On 1/9/2020 at 2:45 PM, Birthday Fawn (Philo) said:

@Zixvir We are thinking about a softlaunch (aka releasing the game in only one country first). Studios often do this to make sure the monetizing model of the game works and that there are no bugs. But before all that we will certainly let all you folks in the forums test the game out :D  

so... when does this *ahem* "alpha for the people on the forums" be released? Still Q1 of 2020? I really want to play this so I can have a pocket niche

also, you'll be charging for this game, won't you? or will it be first free and then you can buy add-ons? I can confirm many days of asking for money with this because I know you'll charge for something in the game or the game (which I believe is fine, you do deserve payment for all the work you put into this)

• Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 10:45 AM, Birthday Fawn (Philo) said:

The Niche one right?

@gamingcookie jup :)
@Renio We hope to give you all something to test out in Jan/Feb, but not 100% sure if we'll be done by then. The idea for the monetzing is this: The first biome (grass) with 3 sub biomes (forest, clearing and pond) will be free. The game should be playable indefinetly even with these 3 biomes, since we introduced gene level ups and biome level ups (you will see what that means once we start testing). However it's of course more interesting to have more genes and biomes available. So we plan to sell biome packs which each feature 3 subbiomes like the grass one. With the new biome pack a lot of new genes become available too. Not sure how we'll price them, probably around $2-4 per biome pack. Maybe we'll also offer other ways to spend money like special Nichelings with high level genes. But not sure about that yet. Another option would also be to add ads if many people play the game but nobody buys anything xD
We'll see! It's our first mobile game so everything is super new.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Birthday Fawn (Philo) said:

@gamingcookie jup :)
@Renio We hope to give you all something to test out in Jan/Feb, but not 100% sure if we'll be done by then. The idea for the monetzing is this: The first biome (grass) with 3 sub biomes (forest, clearing and pond) will be free. The game should be playable indefinetly even with these 3 biomes, since we introduced gene level ups and biome level ups (you will see what that means once we start testing). However it's of course more interesting to have more genes and biomes available. So we plan to sell biome packs which each feature 3 subbiomes like the grass one. With the new biome pack a lot of new genes become available too. Not sure how we'll price them, probably around $2-4 per biome pack. Maybe we'll also offer other ways to spend money like special Nichelings with high level genes. But not sure about that yet. Another option would also be to add ads if many people play the game but nobody buys anything xD
We'll see! It's our first mobile game so everything is super new.

Okie I hope its at least out by the end of march :)
also, it'll only be available to people who come on here, right? Like, some link or something because putting it anywhere else would probably be like releasing it?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Birthday Fawn (Philo) said:

@Renio Yes, most likely only here :)

Yee! If you have a mutation thing like the originals, maybe have a unlock gene feature where you can unlock a set of genes for something like .99 cents. of course finding them, However you have got it planned, but this would be quicker. (Like bat wings + wings + beak being in a set. Like minimum 3 genes a set depending on rarity.)

also, what will happen when your biomes fill up? Say you have a Nicheling you don't want, how would you get rid of them? 

And would there be a dominance guide because I think that would be very cool. that's just something very random I kinda want. In the actual niche game.

• Eek! 1

Yeah the currently plan is that you can "retire" Nichelings. So you will still see/own them but they can't mate and go on missions anymore.
Maybe we'll also consider an option that you can bring them back in exchange for some food. But not sure yet.
There is no dominance guide in the current version, I guess we'll have to see if we manage to break even (which means getting back as much money as we invested) before considering new features. The idea to unlock a gene for a fee to speed up the process  is interesting, I'll consider it :)

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

On 1/9/2020 at 12:18 AM, Evil Aether said:

Something abouth the anteater face looks off... The long skinny downward face while all the others are forwards, the weird tongue... kinda looks... The others look fine as heck.

AntEater2.thumb.png.c172c30d236a0e0d6407c8a5385bc45e.png

Hey @Evil Aether ! I also thought the first ant eater face looked funny, so I thought you
might want to see version two. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1
  • Love 6