Jump to content
Stray Fawn Community
  • -15
spooky602h

Floof color

Suggestion

I think its wierd, that when i breed a gray nicheling with a gray nicheling (black/white), the baby can end up being completly white or completly black. Same goes with pattern color. I think that if two nicheling breed, and they have the same fur color combo, their babys should only have that color combo.

Thanks for reading this! 

-alex602h

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 replies to this suggestion

Recommended Posts

  • 6
On Tuesday, September 03, 2019 at 3:24 PM, alex602h said:

So heres another example. You know tigers, right? They are orange. To get orange nichelings, you need the color combo of red and yellow. If you breed two orange (red/yellow) nichelings, their baby can end up being yellow or red, and, of course, orange. If you breed two tigers, their baby wont be red or yellow, it will be orange.

What i am suggesting here is if you breed two nichelings with the same color combo, their baby will only have the color combo of the parents, not a double color

Tiger colour genetics and nicheling colour genetics work quite differently from each other

For nichelings, all of the different fur colours are incompletely dominant with each other. This means that when a nicheling has two different fur colour genes, it shows an intermediate of the two rather than one or the other. An orange nicheling has one gene for red fur and one gene for yellow fur, and will pass either its red gene or it's yellow gene on to offspring. If two orange nichelings were to have a baby, it could be either red, orange or yellow depending on which fur colour each parent passes on. If both pass on their red gene, the baby will have red fur, and likewise if both pass on their yellow gene, the baby will have yellow fur. If one parent passes on its red gene and one passes on its yellow gene, then the baby will have orange fur like it's parents

A tigers orange fur doesn't come from having a red fur colour gene and a yellow fur colour gene, but rather from having two orange fur colour genes. This means that they always pass on orange fur to their offspring, producing only orange furred tiger cubs

The fur colour genes in niche follow the rules of genetics, which is the main point of niche, so it doesn't need to be changed. It would be nice though to have maybe orange fur and grey fur added separately tho

Also sorry if this is a bit confusing, I'm not great at explaining things lol. Feel free to ask for clarification on anything and I'll do my best to clear it up :)

  • Like 3
  • Paw up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4
17 minutes ago, alex602h said:

So heres another example. You know tigers, right? They are orange. To get orange nichelings, you need the color combo of red and yellow. If you breed two orange (red/yellow) nichelings, their baby can end up being yellow or red, and, of course, orange. If you breed two tigers, their baby wont be red or yellow, it will be orange.

What i am suggesting here is if you breed two nichelings with the same color combo, their baby will only have the color combo of the parents, not a double color

Tigers are orange due to the red gene being diluted. They, too, also have differences in colour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3
6 hours ago, alex602h said:

I just really want a pack full of pink nicheling without the fear of getting a red or white nicheling...

Then couldn't you have just suggested adding pink as a fur colour? Changing the entire fur colour system would be a lot of work just to have true-breeding pink nichelings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2
9 hours ago, alex602h said:

I know how niche works, (hopefully that didnt sound rude 😅) and i want to change it! I want it so that if two nichelings with the same color combo breed, their baby will have the color combo of their parents

You don't sound rude at all, however if you know how niche works then you should understand that your idea doesn't make any sense for the game. Niche is a game all about genetics, and genetics don't work like what you're suggesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2
On 9/5/2019 at 1:08 AM, alex602h said:

Only the pattern and fur color. Maybe paws too. But if it gets added to the immunity genes, it would basically ruin them

sorry if this is necroposting, but wouldn't it be annoying for your nichelings to always have the "potential" to have cool and interesting patterns, but are ruined by their parents with the no pattern gene, the main problem is that this defies normal genetics(this is a very big problem because Niche is in schools, is called the genetics survival game, and you don't wanna teach wrong things to kids), maybe this could be some kind of mod or alternate feature if you squint really hard, or you just use console.

I could see it being annoying with paws in some circumstances(jungle and mountains), but that will make it so freaking annoying to get rid of crippled paw, webbed paw and other bad or uneeded paws, as with the correct system, that gene should be gone quick as it is recessive, but with your system, it will basically never die out until your nichelings do too(or mutation menu it away), or have 1 winged and 1 digger pawed nichelings waddling around eternally until you do the thing listed above.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1

You can even both look "black" or "white" (in both cases actually biracial, but you know, cultural perception) and have "black"/"white" looking kids thanks to recessives. With animals like cats, it seems more extreme... or confusing. To me, anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
10 hours ago, SilverTheDepressed said:

This makes me sad. Really.. really sad.

Listen. It's normal for unwanted suggestions to get lots of downvotes. There's one with -30! It's not a personal attack against the person who suggested it, we're just showing that we don't want this feature in the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

Tigers are orange due to the red gene being diluted. They, too, also have differences in colour. 

Yes, they can have diffrent shades of orange, but im pretty sure you cant get yellow or red tigers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

:( I’m concerned about how the person is feeling about the downvotes here.. I mean.. -6 votes? I’ve never seen anything like it...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 hours ago, alex602h said:

So heres another example. You know tigers, right? They are orange. To get orange nichelings, you need the color combo of red and yellow. If you breed two orange (red/yellow) nichelings, their baby can end up being yellow or red, and, of course, orange. If you breed two tigers, their baby wont be red or yellow, it will be orange.

What i am suggesting here is if you breed two nichelings with the same color combo, their baby will only have the color combo of the parents, not a double color

will this only be the color? Or other genes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

Tiger colour genetics and nicheling colour genetics work quite differently from each other

For nichelings, all of the different fur colours are incompletely dominant with each other. This means that when a nicheling has two different fur colour genes, it shows an intermediate of the two rather than one or the other. An orange nicheling has one gene for red fur and one gene for yellow fur, and will pass either its red gene or it's yellow gene on to offspring. If two orange nichelings were to have a baby, it could be either red, orange or yellow depending on which fur colour each parent passes on. If both pass on their red gene, the baby will have red fur, and likewise if both pass on their yellow gene, the baby will have yellow fur. If one parent passes on its red gene and one passes on its yellow gene, then the baby will have orange fur like it's parents

A tigers orange fur doesn't come from having a red fur colour gene and a yellow fur colour gene, but rather from having two orange fur colour genes. This means that they always pass on orange fur to their offspring, producing only orange furred tiger cubs

The fur colour genes in niche follow the rules of genetics, which is the main point of niche, so it doesn't need to be changed. It would be nice though to have maybe orange fur and grey fur added separately tho

Also sorry if this is a bit confusing, I'm not great at explaining things lol. Feel free to ask for clarification on anything and I'll do my best to clear it up :)

I know how niche works, (hopefully that didnt sound rude 😅) and i want to change it! I want it so that if two nichelings with the same color combo breed, their baby will have the color combo of their parents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I just really want a pack full of pink nicheling without the fear of getting a red or white nicheling...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

Listen. It's normal for unwanted suggestions to get lots of downvotes. There's one with -30! It's not a personal attack against the person who suggested it, we're just showing that we don't want this feature in the game.

It still bothers me for whatever reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -1
6 hours ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

will this only be the color? Or other genes?

Only the pattern and fur color. Maybe paws too. But if it gets added to the immunity genes, it would basically ruin them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -6

So heres another example. You know tigers, right? They are orange. To get orange nichelings, you need the color combo of red and yellow. If you breed two orange (red/yellow) nichelings, their baby can end up being yellow or red, and, of course, orange. If you breed two tigers, their baby wont be red or yellow, it will be orange.

What i am suggesting here is if you breed two nichelings with the same color combo, their baby will only have the color combo of the parents, not a double color

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...