Stray Fawn Community

Fur/skin genes

viikviik

I don't know if this will have a difficult to do now when nichelings have already graphics that includes fur... But I would love to see different furs.

For example, some fur/skin genes:
Short fur: + heat resistance, - cold resistance
Long fur: + cold resistance, - heat resistance, - water environment (wet fur weights)
Either Thick fur OR skin and fat: for water environment
And then maybe some other like feathers, slimy skin (like frogs have) and scales.

Spiky body would probably turn to the spiky fur.

• Like 1

5 replies to this post

Sorry to tell you this, but this has been suggested a number of times already. Here is a developer's response to one of the suggestions:

On 5/1/2018 at 3:59 PM, Philo said:

We could definetly make it to some extent.
The question it, at what cost?
It would be a HUGE amount of work to make each model (let's say berry paw) for each skin type.
Also for new genes we'd always need let's say 5 times as many models as before.
Then the question is: Is it cooler to have 5 new genes, each with unique mechanics or one new gene (but with 5 different skin types).
I'm all over the idea of skin types, but I'm just not sure how to do it without adding a big draw back to adding new stuff ^^

Previous suggestions:

Guest SilverTheNicheling

I think this has been suggested somewhat before.. but I think I’ll vote it anyways since I like the idea! ^^

Guest SilverTheNicheling
3 minutes ago, viikviik said:

Oh, so this has been suggested already. I'm sorry. I tried to look but didn't find anything then.

No worries, :) welcome to the forums bud, everyone’s friendly and nice here! :D

20 hours ago, viikviik said:

Oh, so this has been suggested already. I'm sorry. I tried to look but didn't find anything then.

It's okay! Pretty much every feature request these days is something someone else suggested, nobody ever looks xD I just want to make sure everyone votes on the suggestions with lots of votes so that our suggestions get into the game.