Stray Fawn Community

Chimera

takoyamaaaS

There could be a small chance of getting the Chimera mutation.

It would give the animal a permanent status effect saying it was a Chimera.

Basically, a Chimera are two embryos that have been fused together.

Examples:

5052D91B-B676-491F-AF80-0C70A42F6863.jpeg.ff9423158877aaaf123cb50190266972.jpegDF29F8E3-26C8-421F-A12A-35F0E342DC2C.png.58212130c50f33c0759d9cfd8e8fd443.png

The fur colors would show up as basically normal, but in either patches (like the puppers) or a line down the face all the way to the tip of the tail (like the kitty).

There’s a small chance for the fur colors to be mixed with another color, which would be selected randomly.

The eyes would usually be different colors on the different sides of the face.

There could even be oddities like having patches of long fur and short fur, or sectoral heterochromia:

(I wish I had cool eyes like these)

A25FD6FE-1E72-4C56-A2D3-D5EBDFA8A957.png.a20c7663aee6cf32f5c4384bf1e8dd26.png

Sometimes, the animals could even have, say, Big Ears on a white half of their face, and Round Ears on a red side of their face.

• Like 3

9 replies to this post

While chimera animals are pretty cool, I don't really see a need for this in the game when we could get new features that add to gameplay instead. Chimerism is rare in all animals, and would be even less common in nichelings given that most of the time nichelings only have 1 baby, so it wouldn't even be something that would show up very often

23 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

I'm assuming these would be infertile most of the time

Chimerism only affects fertility in chimeras who are intersex,  and even they aren't always affected. If chimerism were to ever be added, i doubt intersex chimeras would be a thing seeing as it would overcomplicate something that would be a pretty small addition to the game

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jojo said:

I thought chimeras didn't even exist naturally and only through lab experiments

Bildergebnis für wondering gif

Nope! Chimerism can occur naturally it's just not very common (at least with humans, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that pretty much all marmosets are chimeras but that could've been a dream lol)

• Like 2

The icon for the status effect could look like:

B652D39D-B526-4662-AAE9-3E037854AC6A.thumb.png.edf98b2d290a3724f7b685aa49f6f9ea.png

The message you get from hovering over it would be:

”This animal is a Chimera- two embryos fused together.”

You could probably create them in the Creature Creator, with the recessives being treated like co-dominants.

There would even be a button to choose if you wanted to mix a color with another one, and a button to choose if you want a patch Chimera or a line Chimera.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdsAreCool said:

Nope! Chimerism can occur naturally it's just not very common (at least with humans, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that pretty much all marmosets are chimeras but that could've been a dream lol)

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-marmosets-chimeras

The result of a google search

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-marmosets-chimeras

The result of a google search

20 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

Thanks for refreshing my biology knowlegde :D