Stray Fawn Community

Nyoma Creature Concepts

Magicmoonss

Ever since the devs have announced the development of Nyoma, I've been thinking about the creatures in that world.  The mamsects as they're currently called. Mammal, insect hybrids. It seems I'm not alone as well as quite a few others talked about/drew potential mamsects. This is kind of a place to talk about mamsects, or other parts of the game.

Anyways I was thinking a Praying Mantis Cougar hybrid would look neat. I think it's name would either be a Mountain Mantis or a Praying Puma.

2025100746_PrayingPuma.thumb.png.23eaf3633ed1a9bf8db937dd42d69134.png

I think it'd act as a sort of predator, or obstacle in the game. Kind of like a bearyena, but less deadly. I have few ideas in ways it might act. It certainly wouldn't be friendly though.

1.Every now again, a numanling would be snatched up by one of these. The event would be random. The critter would be camouflaged against a tree, as its colors are meant for. This version is similar to how a Praying Mantis hunts

2. They would defend an den, or a territory. If a numanling came too close, it would attack them. This version is similar to a cougar defending its young, or territory.

3. In a random event this critter would pop out, and try to scare numanlings away from their structures/home. To fend it off, the numanlings would just have to not run and more gather in a tight group. This version is similar to a cougar trying to scare away a wolf pack.

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 5

17 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

1.Every now again, a numanling would be snatched up by one of these. The event would be random. The critter would be camouflaged against a tree, as it's colors are meant for. This version is similar to how a Praying Mantis hunts

2. They would defend an den, or a territory. If a numanling came too close, it would attack them. This version is similar to a cougar defending its young, or territory.

3. In a random event this critter would pop out, and try to scare numanlings away from their structures/home. To fend it off, the numanlings would just have to not run and more gather in a tight group. This version is similar to a cougar trying to scare away a wolf pack.

Hey @SilverTheNicheling what do you think of these behaviors?

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, Magicmoonss said:

Ooh I've figured out a perfect name for it, Wear Basp! It's perfect!

I LIKE BASP!

E0968C74-1A7C-4803-A6D7-6CAB8AB7E48D.thumb.png.c3e0b62057af92f88394ca0ed6adefa6.png

I was thinking trees could have a hive on them. There would be a way to make a farm for honey which would make a considerable amount of energy. However attacking a hive or Tabee they will all be aggressive. They will attack by swiping claws, and only use stinger rarely and against bigger threats. (Nyomans are not considered 'big' but with greater weapons and armor, which presumably you can make, they will use stingers which inflict a poison. That paralyzes and eventually kills w/ o antidote. (Queen bee jelly? Something like that.) And the Tabee dies.)

• Love 3

• 3 months later...

This thread is old but what if there was a wolf wasp that you could slowly domesticate into a dog bee (the dog would be Howlbee or Honeybark maybe)?

Can't draw it right now and knowing me I probably won't

The wolf one would be neutral so if you attacked it it attacked you and if you befriended some you could start domestication

• Eek! 2

5 hours ago, gaminggingerbread said:

This thread is old but what if there was a wolf wasp that you could slowly domesticate into a dog bee (the dog would be Howlbee or Honeybark maybe)?

Can't draw it right now and knowing me I probably won't

The wolf one would be neutral so if you attacked it it attacked you and if you befriended some you could start domestication

honeybark sounds ADORABLE

imagine... taming a queen honeybark

• Eek! 1