Stray Fawn Community

Echolocation

Sheireen

Hi, I thought about this idea for a while and i still think it would be good so I am posting it here.

The title already says it: Echolocation.

It is always so sad for me when a blind Nicheling is born and they can't move at all without helping pack members nearby, so I thought about a way that would allow blind Nichelings (if they have the right gene) the ability to map out their surroundings with sonar and move freely despite blindness

it could be a bat head or the like, I have seen others suggest bat heads but not with this reasoning behind them. Include a bat head gene that gives the nichelings echolocation and we could have cute little blind bats walking or flying happyly around

maybe even a new island that supports this because it is dark or misty or something else that hinders visuals, I thought about a half lit cave island that depending on how the light falls through the entrances lowers the range of sight

let me know what you think :3

• Like 5

7 replies to this post

Along with Echolocation and the Bat Head.

Maybe, an ability to Suck the Blood of Prey animals could be an option. And, the harvested blood can be added to the food reserves.

They won’t die, but, there will be a cooldown on the prey based on how large they are.

Additionally, attacking Animals/Rogues/Etc. cause the Bleeding Buff every time.

And, your Bat Nicheling CANNOT Lick to Heal their friends(MOST, of not, all blood drinking bats have an anticoagulant saliva). So, you will have to be extra careful, or, you may make the bleeding WORSE.

• Like 1

of course it would have to be in a head (or maybe something for the horn slot?) and has nothing to do with the eyes themself in case it wasn't clear what I was trying to say ^^°
just buffing blind eyes would be dumb
but maybe the sonar would allow them to "see" as far as they can hear so that the hearing bonus from the blind eyes would be an advantage in that specific combination (of course large ears would be also helpful to have for that)

[PS: How can I edid my original post in this forum? I can't fnd the option]

I think this is an awesome idea! I agree with your original thought saying just buffing blind eyes would be kind of silly. Maybe with the echolocation it could also help with identifying food sources? say "shrieking" to find berry bushes or if this blind nicheling has water body and the potential to fish they could also find fish. I like the idea of having a blind water body nicheling using sonar to find to find it's food!

• Like 1