Stray Fawn Community

Home Animal spawns with the wrong commands.

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Guest SilverTheNicheling

I don't know if this was intentional or not.. but clearly if a home animal has their own console command(IncreaseSpawn HomeAnimal), then it shouldn't have to interfere with the other spawning commands for wanderers(NPCPlayerAnimal or PlayerAnimal)it should just spawn in as a normal wanderer and not a home animal, so whats the deal with this anyway? It could ruin my save file if I wasn't careful because I put alot of work into this as a playthrough and I don't want it ruined by some stupid bug, so I am sharing my savefile here to look and see if there are any problems regarding the spawn commands, I'm also curious if a wanderer spawns that it wont be invitable regardless of what it is, I want this fixed asap if its an issue because it could destroy everything I've worked on...

Slot1.nichesave

13 replies to this post

Guest SilverTheNicheling
26 minutes ago, NichelingPotato said:

Don't worry silver Philo will look at this at somepoint! From what I have seen she usually goes over the bug section And all the topics there all at once. I might be wrong but thats what I have observed so far.

For being online though she must be really busy and doesn’t have time to look.. ;-;

@SilverTheNicheling
Thanks for reporting. Please note that I pretty much always have the forum tab open while in the office or sometimes also at home.
So me being online doesn't mean I'm actually looking at the forums in that moment ^^
Thanks for sharing the save file.

Not really sure if I understand the problem correctly:
The "IncreaseSpawn HomeAnimal" is a command that increases the spawn rate for "Home Island Animals" so the guys that live on Adams island. 
They would be spawned as wanderes I think. I don't think it's interfering with any other spawn rates? Or is it for you?
Also using the console can cause bugs, so I'd recommend making a copy of your save file from time to time.

• Like 2

Guest SilverTheNicheling
26 minutes ago, Philo said:

@SilverTheNicheling
Thanks for reporting. Please note that I pretty much always have the forum tab open while in the office or sometimes also at home.
So me being online doesn't mean I'm actually looking at the forums in that moment ^^
Thanks for sharing the save file.

Not really sure if I understand the problem correctly:
The "IncreaseSpawn HomeAnimal" is a command that increases the spawn rate for "Home Island Animals" so the guys that live on Adams island. 
They would be spawned as wanderes I think. I don't think it's interfering with any other spawn rates? Or is it for you?
Also using the console can cause bugs, so I'd recommend making a copy of your save file from time to time.

Ah I see, no problem! :)

Yes, and I don’t think it was supposed to increase the chances of home animals more on just Adam’s Home island, though that would make a lot more sense.

Plus I couldn’t tell if they would be invititable or not, my boi Silver carries HII and I’m certain it’s what made it possible, I don’t know though.. so I probably need to do more research on a new save.. also I’m not sure if it’s just me.. I’ve only been using the commands to increase the spawn rate of wanderers for further story driven things, I have not gotten a single bearyena, and have only had wanderers spawn after a tribemate had died.. so I can’t help but ask why there’s hardly any life besides prey animals.. it could be another bug to report if I’m not mistaken! o.o

And if they WERE wanderers.. I’d doubt they’d be carrying round ears in their recessives and Home Island Immunity.. Poison Fangs, Big Body, Stripes, AND Medium Tail would be all very possible on a wanderer if it’s not carrying such exclusive genes to Home Island.. ideally this was a nice surprise considering I would be telling a new story behind the individual(such as being carried off by a Blue Bird and then crash landing on a different island like Adam himself). Thank you for replying back Philomena, I’ll continue to study this problem before and after I get home from school today. ^^

Oh, hows your day going today Philo? :D

@SilverTheNicheling
Thanks! I think they do actually carry all the home island genes. But I don't remember if they would be invitable, so research is appreciated ^^
My day is going well so far. We were exhibiting Nimbatus and Niche Mobile (for the first time!) at a game event in Zurich this weekend.
So there were quite a few things to catch up with today, mostly some planning stuff and emails and also the forums of course ;)
Hope your day is going well too!

• Eek! 2

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Philo said:

@SilverTheNicheling
Thanks! I think they do actually carry all the home island genes. But I don't remember if they would be invitable, so rearch is appreciated ^^
My day is going well so far. We were exhibiting Nimbatus and Niche Mobile (for the first time!) at a game event in Zurich this weekend.
So there were quite a few things to catch up with today, mostly some planning stuff and emails and also the forums of course ;)

At least make them invitable so the whole thing being possibly broken is fixed.

:OOO Wow I wish I was there! Holy cow I can’t wait for mobile! The game’s gonna be very interesting, and fun! ^^(seriously gave up on trying to play Nimbatus though and I lost interest..).

I hope the forums aren’t too bad to handle as much as other work.. I am SERIOUSLY sorry about Renio, and.. if you want me to tell you about what’s been going on with her, just reach out to me through PM because I can tell you why she’s so mean sometimes and repulsive...

1 minute ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

I hope the forums aren’t too bad to handle as much as other work.. I am SERIOUSLY sorry about Renio, and.. if you want me to tell you about what’s been going on with her, just reach out to me through PM because I can tell you why she’s so mean sometimes and repulsive...

Did something happen? If it's none of my business, I understand. Isn't her behaviour pretty normal for a 10 year old?

Just now, Lilytuft said:

Did something happen? If it's none of my business, I understand. Isn't her behaviour pretty normal for a 10 year old?

They swore on the forums, and said some death threats. No, Renio's behavior isn't really normal. Renio has a very bad home life. I'm pretty sure there's some abuse going on too, but not really anything definitive.

2 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

They swore on the forums, and said some death threats. No, Renio's behavior isn't really normal. Renio has a very bad home life. I'm pretty sure there's some abuse going on too, but not really anything definitive.

Oh... o_o I guess I didn't see that thread then...

By her behaviour I meant arguing with people and stuff. I didn't know how things had gotten...