Stray Fawn Community

the climate change school strike thing

georgie

so everyone in my year wanted to walk out but we didn't 4 obvious reasons

in science I was peER PRESSURED (aka: bro stand up stop being a goody two shoes for once.    oh ok then) to just. not sit down when we got to science

yeah its really dumb but our science teacher made us elect a leader to give a speech to support us and someone else gave it. our science teacher was very angry but she did say she'll pass on the message and try to make an eco club! and the best part? she was shouting at all of us and telling everyone, including me, off- and I'm not feeling depressed! which is really good mental progress for me! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

The rest of the situation not so good.

if ur talking about me being "peer pressured" I don't really care I could've stayed sat down and nobody would care, we chill 

and if u mean climate change, yes it does suck. but we made progress! and I mad mental progress! so I see this as an absolute win!!!  : D

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

and in a few weeks its mental health week! on the last day we wear yellow to celebrate which is my favourite colour! and my tutor teacher (I think in america tutor means like.. homeroom or something?) is running the main events, including a bake sale im probably gonna help out with!

• Eek! 1

keep the good things coming! I helped out at open evening on tuesday and it was loads of fun! my friend who was helping me had to leave like 30 mins from the end so it was me. alone in a room. versus like 10 5-11 year olds at a time trying to play a game with them. there was a teacher but she was busy with the parents. since it was R.E (religious education) I helped out in basically 90% of them put it off and came at the end when my friend left so I had to work SO HARD! but it was worth it!

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Magicmoonss said:

Yeah, In America a tutor is a someone who individually teaches a student, rather than an entire class.

yeah tutor here means one teacher that a whole class goes to in the morning for 20 mins before lessons start

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
17 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

Yeah, In America a tutor is a someone who individually teaches a student, rather than an entire class.

Need!

Guest SilverTheNicheling
4 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

Maybe you could ask your para if the school has any tutors, most american schools have a tutoring program.

Will do! ^^

What I like about your school system is that you can have clubs. The only club I've ever encountered in three schools was one for chess. But there are these weird conflict management classes everywhere. I guess I shouldn't distrust them, but the one in charge at my old school was an actual narcissist that picked 20 fights a day.

The secretariat started trolling her at some point, which resulted in some interesting one-sided screaming matches. It wasn't anything important either, they just listed 5A instead of 5B on the planner, every day. She somehow manages to overstep the line so clearly that you can't help but become completely desentized. That's about the only interesting thing going on there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spacecat at random said:

What I like about your school system is that you can have clubs. The only club I've ever encountered in three schools was one for chess. But there are these weird conflict management classes everywhere. I guess I shouldn't distrust them, but the one in charge at my old school was an actual narcissist that picked 20 fights a day.

The secretariat started trolling her at some point, which resulted in some interesting one-sided screaming matches. It wasn't anything important either, they just listed 5A instead of 5B on the planner, every day. She somehow manages to overstep the line so clearly that you can't help but become completely desentized. That's about the only interesting thing going on there

Clubs are usually run by students, not teachers. And that person sounds awful.