Stray Fawn Community

A poll on features

Vernaron

New feature poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these features would you like to see implemented into building?

• Being able to copy/paste formatting for parts instead of just being able to copy/paste the part itself
    • Being able to see all keys and tags in a drop down menu and be able to edit them
    • Being able to choose the onder in which fuel tanks are used up
  2. 2. Which of these features would you like to see implemented into the test arenas?

• Being able to speed up/ slow down time
    • Having a test racing course with sharper turns
    • Have destuctible terrain in test flight
  3. 3. Which of these features would you like to see implemented into manually controlled modes? (planets, manual races etc)

• A small menu that shows all active keys
    • The ability to move the camera away from the drone
    • More zoom in and zoom out ability

5 replies to this post

The suggestions I like the most on that list:

• We've all been screaming for ordered fuel tanks since day one.  This should be super mega ultra priority.  But I suspect it'll never happen for the same reason we can't get stabilizers -- it would shake up the race rankings, which is super bad juju in an alpha* prerelease* that changes parts and mechanics weekly*.
  • Better testing arenas of any sort.  We've outgrown them all.  I might make a topic on this.
    • Time warp in testing may be hard to implement, but vital.  If we can't in test, there's little point having it anywhere else.

Redundant ones:

• We already have parts that move the camera.

Problematic ones:

• Any key/logic/formatting stuff is unlikely while they're thinking on basic changes to logic.  They're not going to build an intricate keymapper they'd have to throw out in 2 months.  Modding is our best hope for the foreseeable future.

Ones that need more thought:

• Zoom-in is harmless, but zoom-out is a question of game difficulty.  Too much lets you cheese the map.

*(Hint hint.  Do it.  Fix stuff that touches rankings.  This is what alphas are for! :D )

actually fix the post, come on it's not that hard!

On 10/16/2019 at 12:08 PM, corona_wind said:

The suggestions I like the most on that list:

• We've all been screaming for ordered fuel tanks since day one.  This should be super mega ultra priority.  But I suspect it'll never happen for the same reason we can't get stabilizers -- it would shake up the race rankings, which is super bad juju in an alpha* prerelease* that changes parts and mechanics weekly*.

Redundant ones:

• We already have parts that move the camera.

Problematic ones:

• Any key/logic/formatting stuff is unlikely while they're thinking on basic changes to logic.  They're not going to build an intricate keymapper they'd have to throw out in 2 months.  Modding is our best hope for the foreseeable future.

Ones that need more thought:

• Zoom-in is harmless, but zoom-out is a question of game difficulty.  Too much lets you cheese the map.

*(Hint hint.  Do it.  Fix stuff that touches rankings.  This is what alphas are for! :D )