Stray Fawn Community

Prey luring

Unboltingcat

I had an idea of nicheling's developing a sort of lure that could attract prey or even predators to them if the subject in question is a certain tile number away from them. Think of it as sort of an angler fish lure! Say the rabbils are too far away after your moves are gone or you have one move left you could use your lure to get the chance for the prey or predator to turn around for another nicheling to catch them! This could be used in the horn slot. 

(If someone has already suggested this I apologize!)

• Like 3

13 replies to this post

or maybe a luring light on the head like anglerfish have, could be nice for water nichelings to lure fish to them with light ...but there wouldn't be much reason for landdwelling day active creatures to be lured by that so maybe as an extra just for fish

some dessert snakes (death adder) have a tail tip that looks a bit like a leaf to attract it's prey, so maybe something like that?

• Like 1

Tossing this in here because it came to my attention that we had similar ideas; yours has already been posted in my thread, so I'll drop mine here to make it even. :)

Mine is a repost from a suggestion I made last year. Not telling you to get rid of yours, because ours are only vaguely connected, but still, it was suggested to me that I post mine here since yours was posted in mine.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm fishy from the Niche wiki, and I see that this is a great idea, how about I pitch in, Maybe there can be a berry snout gene that allows a nicheling to use it's snout like a lure to attract berry-eating animals, it would not subtract from camouflage and enable easy capture of rabbils, or there can be an ability to lay down  food on pits and wait for food to walk by

• Like 1

What if it was a Trap tail which hung over their head, and to use it you have to use one food to set up the trap, and then the predator/prey would be lured.. And rouge males.. And bluebirds... So then it would be risky because you would attract tons of wildlife to fight off!

• Like 1