Stray Fawn Community

Gene Problem

BlueButterfly94

Hey Wonderful People of Niche,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I had two niche families with opposing genes (SG+AB; SA+BG) and they each had five children (one after another) of the same gene combination (SG for the first and BS for the other). Is this a game bug. If not can you mod the game or the save file so the genes become more randomized? The fact that a nicheling gets sick if two genes are the same is a fantastic feature, getting the same gene combination over and over again is not. If I'm the only one with this problem please let me know.

Thanks for your time

6 replies to this post

On 10/9/2019 at 11:06 PM, BlueButterfly94 said:

Hey Wonderful People of Niche,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I had two niche families with opposing genes (SG+AB; SA+BG) and they each had five children (one after another) of the same gene combination (SG for the first and BS for the other). Is this a game bug. If not can you mod the game or the save file so the genes become more randomized? The fact that a nicheling gets sick if two genes are the same is a fantastic feature, getting the same gene combination over and over again is not. If I'm the only one with this problem please let me know.

Thanks for your time

Hi BlueButterfly,

How did your first pair (SG+AB) get SG children? Did you mean SA, SB, AG, or GB?

Robb

On 12/12/2019 at 9:50 PM, lol said:

yeah that happened with me too and also they did not have the A gene it their mautions but it said their kid had dubble up of the gene idk if it is a bug

I have questions about this. Firstly, immunity genes cannot be mutated. Secondly, if the baby Nicheling is sick due to double immunities, then likely the parents just have an immunity gene or two in common.

• Like 1