Stray Fawn Community

What's your Halloween costume?

MАTTRESS

3 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

im going as shrek my friend is going as donkey my other friends little sister is going as fiona and her friend is going as puss in boots : D

sadly my other friend didn't join in because shes already made her costume and its some stranger things person and shes dressing up her new puppy as a waffle box. I have no idea why but im assuming it makes sense because ive never watched it

I know only from a JK Studios sketch that waffles is something Eleven likes ("Waffles" "no Eleven that's a napkin" "WAFFLES" "NO")

anyways I'm not gonna have a costume because there's no point as nobody but my parents would see it-- I deem myself too old for trick-or-treating, and there's no Halloween parties. I don't even have siblings : (

4 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

BRO UR LIKE 12 AS LONG AS YOURE KINDA SHORT AND HAVE A HIGH PITCHED VOICE LIKE ME YOURE NEVER TOO OLD

1. I'm 13

2. I'm so tall I'm often assumed to be 15 or so

3. I'm not sure if I have a high-pitched voice or not but I don't think so

so yeah

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

BRO UR LIKE 12 AS LONG AS YOURE KINDA SHORT AND HAVE A HIGH PITCHED VOICE LIKE ME YOURE NEVER TOO OLD

I think there's like a state that has a law against kids 13 and up trick or treating..

• Sad 2
  • Eek! 1

We don't have trick or treating here. Finnish people barely celebrate Halloween. It's just that weird American thing no one really cares about. One of my friends has held Halloween parties in the past and is planning to do it this year as well. I've never been invited, and unless I somehow do get invited this year, I won't dress up. My "Halloween" will propably just be browsing through r/nosleep.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Lilytuft said:

We don't have trick or treating here. Finnish people barely celebrate Halloween. It's just that weird American thing no one really cares about. One of my friends has held Halloween parties in the past and is planning to do it this year as well. I've never been invited, and unless I somehow do get invited this year, I won't dress up. My "Halloween" will propably just be browsing through r/nosleep.

I mean Americans care about it, though it is a pretty weird thing. It developed from a lot of strange traditions from many cultures. And if they're your friend why don't they invite you to the party?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

I mean Americans care about it, though it is a pretty weird thing. It developed from a lot of strange traditions from many cultures. And if they're your friend why don't they invite you to the party?

In Finland we have this tradition called "virpominen". It's one week before Easter and kids go from door to door, wishing people well, giving them decorated willow branches and receiving candy in return. It has mixed with another tradition, so kids dress up as witches while doing that. Old people really appreciate it, but younger adults just see it as kids wanting candy. So we don't really need another tradition like that :)

The frend holding the party has two different friend groups. I'm in the smaller one. She even held two birthday parties this year and invited different friend groups to each one

(I feel like my text is full of typos but I'm too lazy to check)

• Eek! 2

There's Fasching, too, of course. Though that mostly belongs to the Germans.

Fasching-in-Stuttgart-costumes.thumb.jpg.de34d758d9ef81127c354e66570d3cab.jpg

Here specifically, there's getting beat up by people dressed as demons (krampuses). And more candy, both in one holiday. Bad children are said to only receive coal from them, whereas everything good comes from Saint Nicolas.

• Eek! 1

4 hours ago, manglolia said:

I'm in America so I don't have any unique holidays

Except for maybe Patriots Day (I live near Boston). It's in April and there's a parade and battle reenactment but that's it

And it was cancelled due to rain last year. :(

Fourth of July is exclusive to America? :) 

Shame they cancelled Patriots Day, battle reenactment sounds pretty cool.

25th of January is Rabbie Burns Day, celebrations consist of haggis neeps and tatties, fireworks, bagpipes, highland dancing, poem readings, etc.

As for Halloween the kids guising last year cleared us out of sweets despite being extra prepared, even had to turn a few groups away. Best costumes last year included a headless doctor, Freddy Krueger, a t-rex and Bellatrix Lestrange.