Stray Fawn Community
Zixvir

rainbow fur!

Suggestion

So the idea is that you can choose exact color and add more color now.

fur color:  blue , orange, green, gray, brown, maroon, navy colors , navy blue , navy brown etc., 

please tell me any other colors I forgot to add

thanks , in advance

108 replies to this suggestion

like maybe we could go with that and to avoid badly mixed colours (and an ability controlling nightmare) split the "bright colours" and "natural colours" into two parts and if a nicheling is born with brown and blue fur for example it just turns out brown

• Like 2

Not sure how to feel about this idea.. I mean, having a nicheling with brightly coloured fur is practically screaming "Hey, Bearyena! I'm a tasty snack, come eat me!" Buuut on the other hand, colourful birds like parrots exist and it would be nice to have some bright birbs now that we have wings! Tbh, I really wish that niche could be compatible with custom, fan made content...

• Like 2

Red, yellow, black, brown, and gray fur colors exist already.

Purple fur, etc would be unnatural on a normal furred Nicheling.

The Toxic Body has rainbow colors.

Ok, guess I’ll give you all “my two cents” on this.
I’m not totally against having a few extra colours! Orange or a more “neutral” brown colour would be welcome additions for me! I’m just not entirely for the “unnatural” colours (blue, green, etc.). Not just because they aren’t normal colours for mammals, but also because they probably wouldn’t mix well with the other colours. Even a blue-grey colour wouldn’t combine very well with, say red, yellow or orange (since they’re near compliments).
And, of course, we can get some of those colours with the toxic body :) 

• Like 2

hgfdsfgbht why is the main argument "niche is realistic" like yes of course I love my totally realistic flying 6 foot tall cat peacock abominations with healing powers, in a game where one of the most popular suggestions was a unicorn horn (whiCH I STILL WANT ;A;). like seriously why is this downvoted I want rainbow nichelings!!!!

I think there was a suggestion before this for a better implemented fur colour addition where colours like purple, orange and green unlocked with peacock tail and added the attraction ability like the peacock tail and distasteful appearance (??? I think), which I love because having the cosmetics be more integrated with gameplay beyond camoflauge sounds great!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zixvir said:

nontoxic

That would be weird, because I don’t see, say, cats with purple fur. Frogs can have purple skin. Toxic Body is pretty much a frog skin. If there was an option to select the Toxic Body Color, and have new ones, that would be amazing.

No more green Nichelings named Blueberry!

WAIT! What if we had blue-grey fur? That’s a natural colour for some breeds of cat! 
6329069A-9FD8-4BE6-80DD-6ECF1E474184.thumb.jpeg.6ec4ffc942c7a9ac8f65d8e806c17685.jpeg

(not my cat, picture is from google images)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

On 10/14/2019 at 6:51 PM, Meron’nikeringu said:

Why did this get downvoted?

• Confused 2

On 10/18/2019 at 7:41 AM, Zixvir said:

go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go 

- - snip snip - -

Please don’t do this. You’re lagging my tablet.

@Zixvir please do not spam. I've removed your comment so that it will not cause lag for other users.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spook’nikeringu said:

But it would be more realistic that way, with the chance of getting an offspring of either color.

no it wouldn't tigers don't get yellow babys because they don't have yellow fur gene

• Paw up 1

47 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

tigers are mammels

...not all mammals are tigers?

40 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

hgfdsfgbht why is the main argument "niche is realistic" like yes of course I love my totally realistic flying 6 foot tall cat peacock abominations with healing powers, in a game where one of the most popular suggestions was a unicorn horn (whiCH I STILL WANT ;A;). like seriously why is this downvoted I want rainbow nichelings!!!!

I think there was a suggestion before this for a better implemented fur colour addition where colours like purple, orange and green unlocked with peacock tail and added the attraction ability like the peacock tail and distasteful appearance (??? I think), which I love because having the cosmetics be more integrated with gameplay beyond camoflauge sounds great!!

36 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

like maybe we could go with that and to avoid badly mixed colours (and an ability controlling nightmare) split the "bright colours" and "natural colours" into two parts and if a nicheling is born with brown and blue fur for example it just turns out brown

Ok, these are just legitimately good suggestions! I likey! ^_^ 

also, that moment when you (I) realize that there are 90 comments on this thread, and (probably) most of them are petty arguments that I myself have contributed to 

*sighs at self*

lol how come this suggestion had negative votes but this other suggestion, which is basically the exact same thing, has 43?

I would personally love to be able to have nichelings with more vibrant colouration, I know we have the toxic body but let's be honest those colours are pretty nasty lmao

On 10/17/2019 at 11:46 PM, Floridaball said:

Why did this get downvoted?

I'm guessing because someone disagreed with what you said

On 10/25/2019 at 10:17 PM, Rainwater said:

Wouldn't toxic body have to be removed? There would be no point in leaving it in the game if all these were added.

toxic body would still be toxic, and hopefully if fur colours like this were added they wouldn't be as ugly as the toxic body colours so it would still have its own unique look

On 10/17/2019 at 10:49 PM, Floridaball said:

No. Nichelings are based off of mammals.

nichelings are able to have antenna, scorpion tails, gills, beaks, etc, so that isn't really a valid argument

On 10/17/2019 at 11:46 PM, Floridaball said:

But they have fur. So, we can imagine they have milk.

since when did mammals produce milk from their fur? theoretically speaking it would be more than possible for an animal to have some sort of fur and not have any mammary glands. and given that nichelings don't need to nurse their offspring, I would say we can imagine they don't produce milk

On 10/17/2019 at 11:56 PM, Floridaball said:

Piscivores*. They eat fish, if I remember.

piscivores are technically still carnivores, seeing as fish are animals. dolphins also eat squid, octopus, shellfish, and probably other things as well, although they do mostly eat fish. if we're including orcas, then they eat much larger prey like seals

4 hours ago, Floridaball said:

Nichelings are mammals.

nichelings presumably lack mammary glands, which means they are not mammals. like you said earlier, they are only based off of mammals

3 hours ago, Floridaball said:

Platypus

the platypus is a mammal

yes but  this allows new colors to be added and allows guaranteed orange etc.

i'll fix it fast

2 hours ago, Meron’nikeringu said:

there isn't a plain brown.

1 minute ago, Zixvir said:

there isn't a plain brown.

Moss Brown: Am I a joke to you?

2 minutes ago, Meron’nikeringu said:

Moss Brown: Am I a joke to you?

moss brown is greener than plain brown and red brown is vice versa so this allows exact measures.

6 hours ago, spooky602h said:

Theres also chestnut brown...

that's a little bit lighter

• Paw up 1

Just now, spooky602h said:

Btw brown, black, white and gray are not in the rainbow

still its convenient to have all the colors.