Stray Fawn Community

Niche and the probabilities of genetics and stuff

pebbleheart

So im taking a math research class and right now we are choosing a topic to do research on and this year i thought why not do probability of genetics and mutations? ive gone back and forth from doing this topic and not doing it but at the end ive decided to do it! so i was wondering if any of u have any good websites or information you could tell me about genetic mutations and that stuff because im having a bit of trouble of finding a website that just gives me the facts and stuff. im only in high school! I really want to do this topic so when I present at a math fair, I can do an expansion of the topic using NICHE!!! niche has a mutation place where I can mutate genes, but the websites im searching through dont give me a very clear reason about mutation rates and mutation probabilities ;-;

wow this was really long and sorry this probably doesnt make any sense but its 10 pm and im scrambling to get homework done so yeah

basically im wondering if any of u guys (and devs) have any info on mutations

This is more of a science-centric research topic (most American schools teach that in 7th-8th grade). I’m not a very math-y person, but I’m sure you can form some sort of factorial or probability equation on the chances of a nicheling evolving a certain mutation :)

You should probably do some more research on basic genetics on your own (I’m not here to tell you the answer), but this website looks pretty plausible:

https://www.yourgenome.org/

• Paw up 1

6 minutes ago, Spooky Goggles-Kun said:

most American schools teach that in 7th-8th grade

yea i learned the basics of genetics in seventh grade, and this year im taking living environment, so i get to learn more about genetics. i have been doing math research since seventh grade, and this year i decided to do some research on genetics and the probability. the only problem is that there isnt as much information as there was on other topics i did, like fibonacci in nature and magic squares, but i really love the idea of doing a little expansion on niche by breeding nichelings and seeing the experimental probability 

sorry if i sound like a nerd im very nerdy