Stray Fawn Community

gacha life youtubers

Goggles-kun

Hey this is more of an awareness post than “let’s talk about this!”, but there is a little dress-up game out there called “Gacha Life” (you can get it on Android and on iOS) where you can dress up little chibi characters and make them say things. It should be harmless, but the Gacha community is a toxic cesspool unfortunately. These are the things that the Gacha Life community promotes:

TRIGGER WARNING: Harmful subjects. Please scroll past if you’re sensitive to these.

• R*pe
  • Inc*st
  • Fetishization of homosexual/LGBT people
  • Bullying
  • Abuse
  • And more

Please, DO NOT SUPPORT THE GACHA LIFE COMMUNITY! It is very harmful, vulgar, and disgusting. Please report Gacha Life posts/videos that support these.

If you want more examples, scroll r/gachalifecringe on reddit.

Thanks,

Goggles

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

my friends little sisters friend showed me her gacha life characters and she has this whole long story for all of them and its so cool! : D and my friend also makes stranger things gacha life videos, her channel was called leela doggo and itll show up if you just google that.

yes some of the things they make is very wrong (like the children making rape and incest stuff) but its never nice to call those videos cringe.. most of them are little children just having fun, and even the bad stuff you shouldn't be too mean- they've probably learnt very little about these things and want to act grown up so they obviously handle the themes badly, and now they have the opportunity to share this stuff so easily they dont know much about the power it holds. imo we shouldn't be too harsh and just try to educate them more, were not gonna get anywhere being mean to children who are just uninformed  ^ ^

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

my friends little sisters friend showed me her gacha life characters and she has this whole long story for all of them and its so cool! : D and my friend also makes stranger things gacha life videos, her channel was called leela doggo and itll show up if you just google that.

yes some of the things they make is very wrong (like the children making rape and incest stuff) but its never nice to call those videos cringe.. most of them are little children just having fun, and even the bad stuff you shouldn't be too mean- they've probably learnt very little about these things and want to act grown up so they obviously handle the themes badly, and now they have the opportunity to share this stuff so easily they dont know much about the power it holds. imo we shouldn't be too harsh and just try to educate them more, were not gonna get anywhere being mean to children who are just uninformed  ^ ^

I second that— I was just bringing awareness to the toxic part. Of course I know people have fun with the app! I did too

• Paw up 1

While I do agree, it's actively harmful to a select few people. "To a select few people" is always going to be a problem, no matter the issue at hand... but when you have an uncontrolled pit of romantization, what do you do with it? I'd suggest they remove some harsher items/eyes/?, but people never like censorship. It's problematic, but reacting to it overly doesn't help. It just reinforces the reasons people seek it out for. 

• Like 1

I actually make some gacha videos

I just make holiday themed characters at the moment but I want to make a Christmas mini-movie when that comes around

(my channel is cammiecookies by the way)

• Eek! 2