Stray Fawn Community

D&D?

NichelingPotato

Does anyone know D&D/Dungeons and dragons?

If you don't know what it is or have only heard of it. It's a tabletop roleplaying game all about fantasy,roleplay and fun! If you need to know more, I suggest going on YouTube. There are a lot of videos about it there! 

I really would like to play it but… I have nobody to play it with… I tried playing with family… But that didn't really work… 

I have like five of the books… The three core rule books and two extra things.

Why did I make this? I guess to see how many on this forum know of the game.

43 minutes ago, Skyspook8 said:

I know what it is, sorta, and if you were to host us a game, I'd be willing to learn the rules and play with you :)

I would be willing to DM a game and teach some people. I know that Roll20 ( https://roll20.net/ ) Could be a nice Place to play. I would say that im willing to play with around  3-4 other people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, glitched wikipedia (angel) said:

exactly this!

Well me and yours kinda did on the weekends, but then Broken had soccer on the weekends but :/

• Like 1

@Aetherbee, @Flopity, @glitched wikipedia (angel) and @Skyspook8 I would certainly be happy to DM for you! It might take a while as I have to figure out how to do some things on Roll20 and Then there is the Adventure/Story that has to be figured out. Im either gonna do something free from the internet or try to make something my self. I mean there are offical D&D modules… But those cost a lot of money.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NichelingPotato said:

@Aetherbee, @Flopity, @glitched wikipedia (angel) and @Skyspook8 I would certainly be happy to DM for you! It might take a while as I have to figure out how to do some things on Roll20 and Then there is the Adventure/Story that has to be figured out. Im either gonna do something free from the internet or try to make something my self. I mean there are offical D&D modules… But those cost a lot of money.

after I finish gathering some cat animation references, Imma work it out too. (I have an affinity for new tech and I learn quickly with it so expect me to somehow find out how to make my fan turn on with this site when I am done.) I can't actually do that but that would be cool af

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, glitched wikipedia (angel) said:

They are from 3.5 edition so Im not sure if I can make it work in 5e... Using the 5e races would probably be the best idea... 

34 minutes ago, NichelingPotato said:

Oh! And if we play it's going to be the latest edition (5e). Just so you know!

(https://rollforfantasy.com/tools/map-creator.php < is a good site for stuff)

(https://donjon.bin.sh/d20/dungeon/ < Is a good site for generataing maps. You don't need to use any of the info there you can use just the maps.)

Also instead of voice and video can we just use something like discords chat? (Not voice chat.) wait, now it's telling me about the text feature whoops. We can still do it tho.

• Like 1

I kinda want a paladin character who's patron god is the 'gm' so they sometimes break the fourth wall but I feel like we'd all need more experience. 

Oh well, let me note it.

Is it too late to ask to join in? I've been busy with life stuff but I've really wanted to play dnd with people for a while ((I have to warn everybody I don't know how to play at the moment))

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wisk said:

Is it too late to ask to join in? I've been busy with life stuff but I've really wanted to play dnd with people for a while ((I have to warn everybody I don't know how to play at the moment))

Oh, you exist

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wisk said:

In terms of me sure! But Im not sure about the other players. @Aetherbee, @Flopity, @glitched wikipedia (angel) and @Skyspook8 Would you like to let her in?

• Like 1