Stray Fawn Community

The Tribe of Snow - Trying to Surivive at the Frost Lands

A Niche Player

The tribe of Snow:

I've realised that I can survive all the killer islands - but one. So now, I'm going to try my best to make a stable tribe in the killer Mountains (and most likely fail). If anyone has any idea on how to survive, I'd happily accept it. As far as I know, collecting roots and hunting is the best food sources. Having flying fighters to kill the bird of prey is good, and water traits can be useful when you run out of everything else? L et's start!

image.thumb.png.6e3c1599844d37477603ad51098a7582.png

We're going to have the standard settings - and do our best to make surive.image.thumb.png.efd9996649d938b541d963aa92722603.png

Here's Lurta - the starter male.image.thumb.png.ab04d5536b8aa8d8430790dac48f4bf0.png

Mimeko - Starter female.

Neither of them had good traits for this biome, really. I guess the platupus beak of Lurta might be helpful, and the recessive Purr Snout too. Othervise we might have to rely on invited wanderes or maybe a prehistoric creature (however I doubt that we'd get to the rock befor it got covered in snow - all of them were quite far away) for food. What do you niche masters think I should do?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A Niche Player said:

Neither of them had good traits for this biome, really. I guess the platupus beak of Lurta might be helpful, and the recessive Purr Snout too. Othervise we might have to rely on invited wanderes or maybe a prehistoric creature (however I doubt that we'd get to the rock befor it got covered in snow - all of them were quite far away) for food. What do you niche masters think I should do?

I think you should find a wanderer or a prehistoric creature first, so that your nichelings don't freeze. Also try and get digging paw/trunk because roots are some of the only food sources on the island.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Laspooky said:

I think you should find a wanderer or a prehistoric creature first, so that your nichelings don't freeze. Also try and get digging paw/trunk because roots are some of the only food sources on the island.

Yes, that's probably the best way to go. I think I'll start moving them towards a rock, maybe call out on a few tree stumps on the way, and invite any good wanderer I might run into. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

image.thumb.png.d8f8cbc8f8ecc8f33b46e0063f3fcd26.pngI had forgot this save, but realized I had it now, so here's an update:

I just had the first baby of the tribe, Raduk, who sadly didn't get any of the genes I were after (mostly trying to get them some cold-resistance, with things like fluffy tail, not lean or water body). And to the left, the pink one is Sie, which I got from another ice block.

I ran straight for the second ice block after opening the save, then took them down into the water to collect some food with Lurtas beak, as I were running out. All of them have fluffy tail, normal body, horns or saber fengs as mutations for now.

• Like 2