Stray Fawn Community

Dragon Parts?

Raincloud

To go with some new abilities that I will talk about in a different post, Here are some new dragon features I would like to see.

Dragon Snout would give u the fire breathing ability and strong voice.

Dragon Wing would give u +4 flying if doubled, and +1 strength (from the small claws on dragon wings)

Dragon Tail would give u +1 strength

19 replies to this post

17 hours ago, Raincloud said:

That's true, however lots of types of dragons that we imagine have wings.

Most genes in Niche are based off of real animals tough. Fire breathing seems kinda out of place

On 10/30/2019 at 5:05 AM, Raincloud said:

It doesn't. However, if there are any fire breathing predators added, they could be able to set the environment on fire for the purpose of killing the nichelings.

Why should we have preds that can literally come out of nowhere and burn down the entire island? That's really awful from a game design standpoint and a realism standpoint as well

imagine this, you have a normal nicheling, you walk two spaces forward and see a firebreathing pred, you try to run away, but you notice the grass is burning, it burns out half of your island along with your trees, permanent nests and berry bushes before it rains and that part is now literally useless for anything. In that situation, unless you can kill the predator before it breathes its first breath, you are at the mercy of fire RNG and behavior which as of now in Niche basically guarantees that burning savannah will eventually look like this:

Image result for burnt grassland

On 10/30/2019 at 11:01 PM, spooky602h said:

Bombardier beetle makes fire with its butt

If a beetle can make fire, why not a mammal? (from its mouth, not butt)

well it doesn't make fire, it makes a boiling mixture with chemicals, it's essentially firing a scalding, toxic secretion (benzoquinones) and while nichelings can have parts from arthropods, full on firebreathing is a bit too unrealistic, also no organism can actually make it(besides humans with tools)

and while there may be speculative ways for organisms to breathe fire such as methane gas from their guts being ignited by a piezoelectric crystal, no non fictional organism can do that

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, spooky602h said:

The most dragon-like nicheling, featuring bat wings

20191026202259_1.jpg

Well for one, Dragon wings are connected to front paws. That is the biggest difference. And also, most dragons have sharper inner wing edges.

also

On 10/26/2019 at 10:09 PM, Raincloud said:

To go with some new abilities that I will talk about in a different post, Here are some new dragon features I would like to see.

Dragon Snout would give u the fire breathing ability and strong voice.

what would fire do? set things on fire? that's a frankly horrible idea as fire permanently prevents grass from regrowing ever as of now, trees from producing nuts and etc.  You could burn out your entire island by accidentally breathing fire and make it uninhabitable

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

8 hours ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

also

what would fire do? set things on fire? that's a frankly horrible idea as fire permanently prevents grass from regrowing ever as of now, trees from producing nuts and etc.  You could burn out your entire island by accidentally breathing fire and make it uninhabitable

U can read my "new abilities" post.

On 10/27/2019 at 1:29 AM, spooky602h said:

Answer to answer one: they are connected to the front limbs?

Answer to answer two: how is the dragon-nicheling supposed to attack with the inner wing-claws?

1. On most dragons, they are.

2. Well, I guess that wouldn't make sense. But if they are connected to front limbs, there would be dragon talons that would give the strength.

In Skyrim, dragons do a pretty good wing smash. But these are actually Wyverns, anyway. Not to mention spines 

61Kf6VbQ-4L._UX385_.jpg.f1af65fd8ba77f3f13f319bb30983e5d.jpg

(Are those inner-wing claws?

Note the small talon...

skyrim_dragon.thumb.jpg.db8bebbc09966b2f979364d4a94114e1.jpg)

But a good portion of the fight is throwback generated when landing, or pushing enemies away. They don't bat or slash with much intent, but it's going to hurt.

19 hours ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

well I did and I am just asking does it cause the environment to catch fire?

It doesn't. However, if there are any fire breathing predators added, they could be able to set the environment on fire for the purpose of killing the nichelings.

• Paw up 1

4 hours ago, Normal human said:

Dragons aren't real. We don't know what they would look like or if they would even have wingsimage.thumb.png.fead6477f5147abbeea48ae0db07a0b1.png

That's true, however lots of types of dragons that we imagine have wings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spooky602h said:

Bombardier beetle makes fire with its butt

If a beetle can make fire, why not a mammal? (from its mouth, not butt)

Why aren't we making fire in our mouths then?

4 hours ago, spooky602h said:

because we dont need that ability and because it will take a long time to evolve that?

What kind of an animal would benefit from that then?

• Like 1