Stray Fawn Community

Synonyms

Sky

So the game is this: you write a very short story (or whatever you'd like to call it-- at least a couple sentences), then use this website and look up as many of the words that you used in the story as you can. (You can also use something from book instead of a story you wrote if you want. And you can also use stories you wrote in the past, not just ones you wrote specifically for this game.) Then, you look at the synonym section, and pick a word from the darkest orange section that has a meaning that is far away from the meaning of the original word. You don't have to synonym every word.

Example:

Original

The woman danced gracefully in the center of the park. Strangers watched her, fascinated. They stood on the sidewalk; sat on benches; laid cross-legged on the grass. 

Synonymed

The wife yanked skillfully in the midpoint of the playground. Aliens watched her, intoxicated. They stood on the track; perched on seats; planted cross-legged on the barley.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you're confused as to how this works. Also, I have an idea for a slight variation of this, which i may make if people like this game.

Edit: You can also use this tool by copy and pasting your 'story' into it. Just make sure you edit the words to the correct tenses, singular or plural, etc, as the program does not do that for you.

• Eek! 1

30 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

The woman danced gracefully in the center of the park. Strangers watched her, fascinated. They stood on the sidewalk; sat on benches; laid cross-legged on the grass. 

It’s straight up modern Esmeralda

Original:

Blueberry pelt (spaced that out on purpose) looked around the forest. She began to walk to the abandoned shack.

Synonymed:

Blueberrypelt (dispersed that out purposefully) peered around the wood. She began to trek to the neglected cottage.

• Like 1

Original (I just looked up "excerpt from Harry Potter" and found this)

Raindrops the size of bullets thundered on the castle windows for days on end; the lake rose, the flower beds turned into muddy streams, and Hagrid's pumpkins swelled to the size of garden sheds. Oliver Wood's enthusiasm for regular training sessions, however, was not dampened, which was why Harry was to be found, late one stormy Saturday afternoon a few days before Halloween, returning to Gryffindor Tower, drenched to the skin and splattered with mud.

Synonymed

Deluge the capacity of slugs roared on the fortification oriels for sunlights on end; the pool rose, the perennial areas turned into dirty tributaries, and Hagrid's squashes surged to the breadth of patio sheds. Oliver Wood's energy for routine workout discussions, however, was not curbed, which was why Harry was to be noticed, late one violent Saturday afternoon a few periods before Halloween, revolving to Gryffindor Tower, impregnated to the fur and sloshed with clay.

(and yes, 'impregnated' was one of the synonyms. apparently it also means 'drenched'...)

• Haha 2

Took out Watership Down, opened to a random page, and picked out a random excerpt

Original:

The astonished rabbits obeyed him, grumbling. Hazel's authority was put to something of a test, but held firm with the support of Bigwig. Although he had no idea what Hazel had in mind, Bigwig was fascinated by the strength and courage of the bird and had already accepted the idea of taking it in, without troubling himself about the reason.

Synonymed:

The dumbfounded cuniculuses executed him, dissatisfied. Hazel's government was put to something of an evaluation, but controlled substantial with the protection of Bigwig. Although he had no concept what Hazel had in perception, Bigwig was absorbed by the clout and heroism of the feathered creature and had previously time-honoured the idea of taking it in, without annoying himself about the impetus.

• Eek! 2

Just now, Tundragupta said:

"Cuniculus" was one of the synonyms for "rabbit" shown

I don't know either

Apparently it's a word meaning a burrow... I see the connection, but I don't see how it's a synonym...

• Like 1

Original:
Deerclaw ran frantically around looking for his three kits. They had been lost for a moon, and every day he was going insane looking for them. They must be dead, he thought.
Synonymed:
Horse
talon rushed desperately everywhere watching for his trio of kits. They had been absent for a full moon, and each day he was going idiotic looking for them. They must be lifeless by now, he hoped.

On 11/4/2019 at 6:00 PM, Tundracat said:

The dumbfounded cuniculuses executed him, dissatisfied.

Poor hazel. He was 2nd best rabbit. (The best being Bigwig, obviously.)

• Paw up 1

3 hours ago, Renio2490 said:

Original:
Deerclaw ran frantically around looking for his three kits. They had been lost for a moon, and every day he was going insane looking for them. They must be dead, he thought.
Synonymed:
Horse
talon rushed desperately everywhere watching for his trio of kits. They had been absent for a full moon, and each day he was going idiotic looking for them. They must be lifeless by now, he hoped.

"They must be lifeless by now, he hoped." wow what a good parent

• Like 1

\So the sport is here: you scrawl a particularly precise untruth (or everything you'd appreciate to christen it-- at nadir 

yoke decision), next use the thing indicated site and notice relevant as copious of the chat that you worn in the untruth

as you make out. (You may too handle existence originating at a essay as a substitute of a untruth you scrawled if you

wish. also you may too handle untruths you scrawled in history, not completely personage you wrote specifically for 

here sport.) suddenly, you notice the equivalent passage, and flower a concept from the cabalistic flaming 

district that has a interpretation that is incomparably absent from the substance of the pioneer designation. You embargo

enjoy to equivalent each one 

illustration:

seminal

The grandmother snatched lavishly in the staff of the parcel. intruders spied her, absorbed. They beared with on the 

foot pavement; rested on tribunals; turned cross-legged on the verdure

Synonymed

breathtakingly the helpmate snapped sharply in the quintessence of the jungle gym. refugees patrolled her, drunk

They handled on the course; alighted on settee; seeded cross-legged on the meadow.

suspect unfettered to sue me at any problem if you're obscured as to whence this works. likewise, I enjoy an 

interpretation for a affront divergence of the one in question, whichever i will spawn if population savor this sport.

rearrange: You butt likewise use the aforementioned one weapon by plagiarizing and spitting your 'untruth' into it. exactly

spawn safe you rearrange the chats to the done thickens, unusual or multiple, etc, as the procedure flimflam nay go on

the one in question inasmuch as you.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, gamingcookie said:

I had a joke about soap, but it slipped away from me

I teem with a horse around about suds, but it lost balance out of from me

Am I sure you didn't put this through google translate.

• Like 1

Someone offered to buy me a bed if I paid for some of it, I told him I'll sleep on it.

Bigshot made available to pay for me a cradle if I paid for part of it, I let him know I'll zzz on it.

On 11/4/2019 at 5:33 PM, Skysplash8 said:

Original (I just looked up "excerpt from Harry Potter" and found this)

Raindrops the size of bullets thundered on the castle windows for days on end; the lake rose, the flower beds turned into muddy streams, and Hagrid's pumpkins swelled to the size of garden sheds. Oliver Wood's enthusiasm for regular training sessions, however, was not dampened, which was why Harry was to be found, late one stormy Saturday afternoon a few days before Halloween, returning to Gryffindor Tower, drenched to the skin and splattered with mud.

Synonymed

Deluge the capacity of slugs roared on the fortification oriels for sunlights on end; the pool rose, the perennial areas turned into dirty tributaries, and Hagrid's squashes surged to the breadth of patio sheds. Oliver Wood's energy for routine workout discussions, however, was not curbed, which was why Harry was to be noticed, late one violent Saturday afternoon a few periods before Halloween, revolving to Gryffindor Tower, impregnated to the fur and sloshed with clay.

(and yes, 'impregnated' was one of the synonyms. apparently it also means 'drenched'...)

The think is, I just read that yesterday or something....

• Eek! 1

Here's a version of The Hare and the Tortoise that I rewrote and I'm not gonna get the actual thing because I don't feel like it and there are too many versions:

A hare was laughing at a tortoise's stubby legs and slowness, when the tortoise said, "You are very fast, but I will beat you in a race." The hare thought what the tortoise claimed was impossible, but he accepted the tortoise's challenge. They decided a fox should set up the race. The hare and tortoise got together on the decided day and started the race. The tortoise was going slowly but never stopped for a moment. The hare didn't care much about the race, and laid down next to the track, and he fell asleep. When the hare woke up he ran as fast as he could to the finish and saw the tortoise there, dozing off.

A coney was cracking up at a testudinal's stumpy stumps and lethargy, when the testudinal forenamed, "You are very hypersonic, but I will shoot ahead of you in an engagement." The coney hypothesized what the testudinal had dibs on was way out, but he unopposed the testudinal's summons to contest. They arrived at the conclusion that a lobo should set up the engagement. The coney and testudinal got in unison on the undisputed bright and commenced the engagement. The cookie of gaming then got lazy and I'm not going to synonym the rest because it takes a while I might do it another time

6 minutes ago, gamingcookie said:

Here's a version of The Hare and the Tortoise that I rewrote and I'm not gonna get the actual thing because I don't feel like it and there are too many versions:

A hare was laughing at a tortoise's stubby legs and slowness, when the tortoise said, "You are very fast, but I will beat you in a race." The hare thought what the tortoise claimed was impossible, but he accepted the tortoise's challenge. They decided a fox should set up the race. The hare and tortoise got together on the decided day and started the race. The tortoise was going slowly but never stopped for a moment. The hare didn't care much about the race, and laid down next to the track, and he fell asleep. When the hare woke up he ran as fast as he could to the finish and saw the tortoise there, dozing off.

A coney was cracking up at a testudinal's stumpy stumps and lethargy, when the testudinal forenamed, "You are very hypersonic, but I will shoot ahead of you in an engagement." The coney hypothesized what the testudinal had dibs on was way out, but he unopposed the testudinal's summons to contest. They arrived at the conclusion that a lobo should set up the engagement. The coney and testudinal got in unison on the undisputed bright and commenced the engagement. The cookie of gaming then got lazy and I'm not going to synonym the rest because it takes a while I might do it another time

“ S T U M P Y   S T U M P “