Stray Fawn Community

Replicator block

Michael

I think it would be cool if you could have a replicator block that would replicate what it's on and even the drone core, but you might want to put a different texture on it so you can tell them apart. Also if the generated drone core gets destroyed then you won't have to restart the mission

costume3 (1).png

• Like 1

10 replies to this post

We have a factory block. Is that the thing you mean? It's able to duplicate all parts which are attached to it (children only).

It's technically not possible to have more than one drone core per player at the moment. Therefore duplicating drone cores is not possible :) 

• Confused 1

Ah, I'm sorry, I misunderstood your idea. I think I now get it.

There would probably many problems if we would allow a new factory-block to duplicate things which are above itself. It basically means "everything except what's underneath the new-factory-block". That would be even harder to balance than the current OP-factory-block. Also it would be difficult to be used (where to the new parts spawn? what direction/orientation? There's no pre-visualization in editor for such a case). Performance would drop radically and be hard to be predict.

So my gut feel is that it's very unlikely that we can and would like to introduce such a part, I'm very sorry. There are just too many difficult technical and game design challenges for such a part.

But as STM said. The thing you probably want (smaller drones which you don't make to game over when you die) is already possible with the current factory-block. You just have to add the whole small drone underneath the factory block. No second drone-brain needed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Markus said:

You just have to add the whole small drone underneath the factory block. No second drone-brain needed.

but you still get the game over screen when the big mamma drone dies so you need more drone cores

• Like 1

Yes, that's true :) But that's what we decided on is the gameplay for Nimbatus :) Maybe we can make a Sandbox setting where the drone-brain does not take damage (if for some reason that's important when you create fancy constructions). But for normal gameplay that's a huge important part of the game :) 

well i made a big idea that is expansive here it is

1 hour ago, Zixvir said:

so i want drone hearts to be in the blocks section of where you place stuff in the drone hangar and your probally thinking "that's gonna be way too op" but to balance this have thought of a solution. It is simple really. the drone core when attached to the first drone  core will not be counted as being put together so that their masses stay separated

another thing there should be different types of drone cores like heat resistant or heavy for lots of mass

please check it out