Stray Fawn Community

Scorpion Tail Improvements

Dun(ce) Crow

While the concept of nichelings with Scorpion Tails IMO is incredibly cool, the way it currently looks on a primarily mammalian lifeform is pretty jarring, at least to me. So here are two ways in which I think it could be improved:

1. Manticore Style: Pretty much as it is now, just with a more chitin-like texture and dark vrown/black coloration. Less realistic, but much better looking.

2. Andalite Style: Similar to the aliens from the Animorphs series of books, this would be a flexible mammalian tail with a horn-like stinger on the end. Both more realistic and better-looking, but would need a new mesh, thus more work.

So, what do you think?

• Like 3

6 replies to this post

hmm, I kinda like the "manticore style" version of your idea
to make this work relatively simple one wouldn't even have to really change texture of it, just give it the horn colors instead of the fur colors and voila
the insect like tail wouldn't look oddly fluffy anymore
though I really like the model of the tail and wouldn't want anything changed with that
but color seperation is fine

• Like 4

While I would also prefer the scorpion tail to look more mammalian, (stinger tail?) most people are happy with the way it looks now, so I think color separation would be a good compromise. Perhaps in the future, more insectoid genes could be added to match it. 

Changed the title. Also I am pretty happy how the scorpion tail currently is not to say that I would mind changes. I wouldn't. Maybe a different type of body that would work well with the tail?

2 minutes ago, Sheireen said:

hmm, I kinda like the "manticore style" version of your idea
to make this work relatively simple one wouldn't even have to really change texture of it, just give it the horn colors instead of the fur colors and voila
the insect like tail wouldn't look oddly fluffy anymore
though I really like the model of the tail and wouldn't want anything changed with that
but color seperation is fine

Horn colour scorpion tail does sound good, yes.