Stray Fawn Community

Regrowing for lots of things

Mulan the Cat

This ties into my previsous suggestion about replacing grass with regrowing grass if you ban grass in world settings. But, it's different enough to have its own page. 

So, I have always found that new islands are a lot more fun simply because they haven't been cleared out. So this will keep islands fresh in order to stop them getting, well, boring.

Firstly, berry bushes/man eating plants. 

This would be true for all berry bushes. I have two ideas:

1. When a berry bush is destroyed, a new one grows within a tile of the last one instead of right where the old one was or the toxic berry bushes just being destoryed.

Or 2: (more complicated) Every time a nicheling gathers from a berry bush, they get a (very low, think 2% chance) to plant a seed where they end their day three days later (somesort of status-based effect). If they destroy the bush, they get it automatically.

Secondly, boulders:

Everytime a boulder is destroyed a new one will emerge on an unoccupied tile. This would be a slow process, taking around 30-50 days. 

Third: Oak/palm/stinky fruit trees

This would be the same as my second idea for berry bushes but be MUCH lower. Add to that, after a tree lives about... I don't know, 500-1000 days? It will die. Saplings would have a high chance of dying before becoming trees and would grow for 50-100 days. 

Fourth: Other trees

Trees that are too close together will die or die if they reach 500-1000 days, every time one of these trees dies three saplings will grow with a 50% chance to make it to a tree if no trees are within a certain range.

Note: There should be a setting enabling/disabling if an object can regrow.

And that's it. Please tell me what needs to change.   

• Like 1

7 replies to this post

On 11/14/2019 at 7:37 AM, Zixvir said:

we need a volcano

On 11/19/2019 at 8:28 AM, Zixvir said:

or a volcano!

No, we don’t. Imagine how frustrating it would be for new players, if they just wanted to play but volcanos kept erupting