Stray Fawn Community

food types

Zixvir

so maybe when you tap on the food tab you can see the different types of food you  currently have. you can  go to every nichling  at the end of the day to tell them what they should eat, if you don't they will eat what they caught, unless the nichling has the allergie gene, or the nichling doesn't have the lactose tolerant gene. then they will eat what they are not allergic to unless it is the only food around, then a yes/no popup will appear .

I also have a list of allergies, If a nichlings experience an allergie, it becomes a gene, so for example nut allergie, or a mushroom allergie , lactose, on the other hand, it is normal for nichlings to be allergic, but if they drink milk as a teenager/adult there is a 15% chance that they will have the lactose tolerant gene, if you drink milk, you are lactose tolerant! yeah!

allergies cannot spread because these are allergies allergies can be cured by healing fruit.(they don't lose the allergie gene)

Bloating: if a nichling gets this they lose all speed, look super fat, and take one damage per day that the nichling has this.

barf/vomit: if a nichling gets this they take 1 damage, and go starving.

asthma: if a nichling gets this they lose 1 turn, (while they have this) and lose all smelling.

nut allergies: if a nicheling has this than it gets paralysis or instant DEATH!

common allergie: if a nicheling has this they take 1 damage every day they have this.

itch: every action has a 50% chance to fail and hhave the nicheling itch instead, if a nicheling with a sharp paw itches it has a 30% chance to bleed and 20% chance to take 1 damage 10% to waste a turn aand itch

categories:

Berries:  anyone can eat this and if the nicheling is allergic than it  barfs .

Meat: anyone can eat this and cracker jaw gets a bonus food called marrow added to the food pile and nichelings can't be allergic .

Poison berries: nichelings without poison resistance will get poisoned when eating this. this shouldn't take away the poison resistance needed to harvest them though. If a nichling is allergic to it barfs. 

Fish: any nichling can eat this but if a nichling is allergic they get asthma for 5 days.

Nuts: these are already cracked nuts   if a nicheling has is allergic than it gets paralysis for a day or instant DEATH!

Stinky fruit:  if a nichling who doesn't have stinky tail eats this they get the stinky effect for 2 days and if a nichling is allergic they get the common allergie for 5 days.

Carnivorous plant fruit: anyone can eat this,  if a nichling is allergic they get the common allergie for 5 days

Milk: only baby nichelings can eat this and this is produced every 3 turns a mother is next to her baby child and will only be produced when the mothers child is a baby /child. sometimes other nichelings can eat this if they get  a lactose tolerant mutation though.if they are intolerant they get bloating for 5 days.

Roots: nichelings with bird beak or bat head cannot eat this,  nichlings cannot be allergic.

mushrooms(if they get added): any nichling can eat this and if they are allergic they get bloating that lasts ten days.( mushrooms have spores, if they are around the spores they get the allergie as well.)

toxic mushrooms(if they get added):  nichelings without poison resistance will get poisoned when eating this. this shouldn't take away the poison resistance needed to harvest them though if a nichling is allergic they get poisoned.( mushrooms have spores, if they are around the spores they get poisoned as well.)\

pear/peach mix(if added) : if a nicheling eats  this they barf and get itching for 3 days

insects: only nichlings with insect gathering can eat this, nichlings cannot be allergic.

bone marrow: you can get this if a cracker jaw eats meat and any nicheling can eat this if a nicheling is allergic they take 10 damage to their lifetime.

feel free to add on if you like! or if you're confused tell me so I can fix it like felix the fix it guy but a typer

• Like 1

21 replies to this post

and milk would be produced when a baby niche ling has been born by the mother of that niche ling 

also please help me put this on the post because whenever i have a great idea when i explain it very few people understand.

I like it. Milk can be produced once from each female who is 'caring for her child'. 

Anyway the catagories could be:

Berries

Meat

Poison berries

Fish

Nuts

Other fruit (from stinky fruit trees and meat-eating plants)

Milk

Roots

We might even have dried fruits and meats or some sort of decay system. 

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling

The game will probably need a minor revamp if they want to include this.. but I like the idea really much! You have yourself a vote from me! ^^

You should be able to change which nicheling is eating what. Partly for role-playing purposes. Perhaps - also just for story/role-play - you could even see what meat came from bearyena, what came from bunnil and so on. Then you could have nichelings who could only eat meat that came from apes thank you very much while the lower class eat bunnils. 

Also, spellcheck hates me. 

if a nichling was a herbivore it wouldn't be able to digest meat. if you want you can make your own post, trying not to be rude.

I  disagree but you can make a new post

12 hours ago, Zixvir said:

if a nichling was a herbivore it wouldn't be able to digest meat. if you want you can make your own post, trying not to be rude.

I  disagree but you can make a new post

Technically, only obligate herbivores couldn't eat meat. Deer have been documented to eat meat and carrion for example (ew). Obligate carnivores (like cats) can NOT eat plants. Regular carnivores (like dogs) can survive on plants (it's just not good for them). So while obligate carnivores wouldn't be able to digest plants, carnivores could but they might lose health due to a poor diet. Same thing with herbivores (but with meat of course).

I hope this makes sense. I was just thinking that 'allergies' are more of a human thing (due to a bored immune system I've heard). 

(squirrel eating a snake)

Nothing to see here, just a squirrel eating a snake | Predator vs ...

https://www.earthtouchnews.com/natural-world/predator-vs-prey/nothing-to-see-here-just-a-squirrel-eating-a-snake/

I can turn this into it's own post if you want. I hope I'm not being rude.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

16 minutes ago, Mulan the Cat said:

I can turn this into it's own post if you want. I hope I'm not being rude.

of course, the more the merrier! and no, you're not being rude.

• Like 1