Stray Fawn Community

How to find logfiles and savefiles on your computer

Philo

15 hours ago, Bill Nye the Science Fry said:

Okay, I'm in the Niche_Data folder. There's level0, level1, level2, and level3. Are these the save files? Do I make copies of these?

Edit: Just watched Seri's save file tutorial, and I can't find AppData. Do you think mine is hidden?

If you can't find AppDate you can't find the files, Micah explained how to make your AppData Folder visible. In the end the save file folder should be titled saves and it looks something like this inside:

2144518779_Nichesaves.JPG.3ad46e7d5a729b425ce23640bfc76e17.JPG

@bostonlobstah As far as I am aware you can't change which slot your save file is in but you can still play the Slot.3 one. If you make a back up of your Slot.3 tribe and switch it with the new slot.3 you can just swap them as you like :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Micha said:

@bostonlobstah

AppData is a hidden folder, in order to see it you have to go to View and tick the box on Hidden Files and Folders.
You can also type %AppData% into the explorer bar to navigate directly to AppData.

How do I get to View? I have a Windows 8 computer.

Edit: Never mind, I found View :)

Second edit: I typed in %AppData% into the file search bar and it's not showing up

Edited by Bill Nye the Science Fry
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2018 at 3:04 AM, Lilytuft said:

Use the windows search tool and write %appdata%

It automatically goes to roaming, but just click appdata again and go to local low

When I do %appdata%, click it, it doesn't show LocalLow...

Just now, bostonlobstah said:

See if you can find something that says 'view'. Click it and check the box that says show hidden folders. 

That's how it works on my Windows 10, not sure about other computers

I have Windows 10 too, so I'll try right now.

4 minutes ago, bostonlobstah said:

For me, the folder was AppData, not %appdata%.  It's inside the username folder. 

Windows C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\LocalLow\Team Niche\Niche - a genetics survival game\Saves

Aha! I found it!

• Like 1

Great! :)  AppData is the hardest to find. After that it's easy.

I was having difficulty too, I think what helped me was I checked the hidden folders box and the AppData folder appeared (it was kind of transparent because it's a 'hidden folder.')

I thought it had just appeared out of nowhere!

When I found it I was so excited, it was like I discovered the cure for cancer! 

• 1 month later...

@Philo This morning when I logged into Niche my favorite tribe's save file was gone. I looked in the folder and it is still showing in the folder. I tried moving it out of the folder and putting it back in to no avail. I've logged a lot of hours on this and I'm so sad it is lost! I've attached the file that remains in the save file folder.. I was hoping you guys could help me figure this out...

Slot3.nichesave