Stray Fawn Community

Secret Niche Art Santa 2019 🎨🎄🖌️ (Signups and rules)

Sky

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and you know what that means... a 2019 Secret Niche Art Santa!!

(I spent so long on this piece but it was worth it)

2036645498_WinterMeringue.thumb.gif.469b5f0022dbdea36db81f8b01848a4e.gif

Rules/How it Works

1. Comment below if you want to be a part of it, and post the ONE nicheling you'd like drawn by your Secret Santa! Please include all the information you can about them—photo (preferably a screenshot from the game), genes, personality, differences from photo (i.e. the right ram horn is broken off from a fight with a bearyena), etc
  2. Signups end Dec. 1st!
  3. Once signups end, I will use a random generator to choose who goes with who. (I won't be a contestant, though I have a possible idea for something related that i could do if I feel like it...)
  4. I will pm everyone with who they got, plus all the information their recipient gave for their nicheling
  5. Everyone makes their art—traditional, digital, pixelart, whatever you prefer! Please do not sign the art or post it on your DeviantArt (or other platforms) until 2020 :)
  6. When each Santa finishes their art, they will PM it back to me. This is to preserve the secrecy of the Santa (though art styles are often a dead giveaway xD but we'll make it as secret as we can)!
  7. Once everyone finishes and PMs me the art, or on December 25th (date may vary, I could do it earlier or later) if everyone's already finished, I will make a new post and post all the art along with the names of the recipients. Santas will not be revealed. PLEASE DO NOT POST GUESSES ON WHO YOUR SECRET SANTA IS
  8. On January 1st, everyone may post guesses on who their Secret Santa is, and may confirm or deny others' guesses. You may also post the art you made on other platforms (like DeviantArt) and add your signature if you want.
  9. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :D

If you have any questions, please let me know in the replies below :)

NEW ADDITION: VOLUNTEERS

If you are not going to finish your art by Dec. 25th, please let me know, and a Volunteer will make the person some art, so that they'll receive something with everyone else. Once you finish your piece, you can just post it on the topic with everyone else's gifts, since by then secrecy won't be needed :)

Please let me know if you'd like to be a Volunteer! If someone needs Emergency Art™, I'll randomly select a Volunteer and PM them, asking if they can do some Emergency Art™. If the volunteer accepts, I'll let them know who needs the Emergency Art™ and give the nicheling info and all of that. (If they can't do it, I'll ask another Volunteer)

Volunteers

Skysplash8

Magicmoonss

Rainwater

Lazukii

Lilytuft

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2
  • Love 4

I want to join!

Name- Sikore

Gender- Female

Personality- Stubbron and snarky

Pic-

Sikore.png.d70101cf990537b9cfedfa11b0425aa0.png

1718755237_Sikore-byIlluminatiMoose.png.dcb99fdea10cbc1fecbc72750368d79d.png

Differences from photo- Has a light blue woolly scarf around her neck and it wraps around to the base of her tail 

Edited by ImpyFawn10
op I'm going to add
  • Eek! 1

Just now, Rainwater said:

We should have volunteers, just in case someone doesn't get their art. A volunteer can make something for them instead.

*Just got out of a soul crushing lecture from my dad*

THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME

Ooh! My style won't give me away, so yes! I'll enter! Good luck guessing, guys, I've only made one Nicheling ever....

Name: Lais

Personality: Kind, brave (most of the time), likes doing random flips in midair and stalking beetles, gentle

Differences from photo: Make her a teen and don't add the markings on her legs

If you can, could you have her staring at a petal on her nose, stiff-legged and kind of scared? Don't know if we're supposed to ask for specific poses, but....

Screenshot 2019-07-21 10:11:17.png

Screenshot 2019-07-21 10:10:22.png

Screenshot 2019-07-21 10:11:50.png

• Like 1

I'd like to join, though any drawing I'd make is probably going to end up bad.

Kuprison/Caprison is my god of safety. He was born in a place free from predators and a lot of food. Though his tribe soon starved after a bearyena chased them out of their home.

987623600_Kuprison-Caprison-GodSafety-Sanctuary.PNG.ae12e8347ac549103a998ab137513ec7.PNGCaprison.PNG.3396e79e9103326cc40c3eda0d01e46b.PNG

Edit: here's his teenage version image.png.9c709be0faa9c53bb424b273aa330ce6.png 

On 11/22/2019 at 5:41 PM, Rainwater said:

We should have volunteers, just in case someone doesn't get their art. A volunteer can make something for them instead.

I could probably make something traditional if needed

Edited by Illuminati Fawn
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rainwater said:

How do we determine if someone won't get their art? For example, if someone isn't done with their art by Christmas, does a volunteer make them art, or do they simply wait a little while for their Santa to finish?

4 minutes ago, The Fawnth Doctor said:

How do we determine if someone won't get their art? For example, if someone isn't done with their art by Christmas, does a volunteer make them art, or do they simply wait a little while for their Santa to finish?

I think the best solution would be to ask the Santa if they're going to be able to finish the drawing. If they can't, then have a volunteer make something

• Paw up 1

55 minutes ago, Rainwater said:

I will, but I can only do one person. If I have more to do I'll end up forgetting abut all of them.

Do you mean you can only do the regular Secret Santa, or Regular + 1 Volunteer piece?

HORNETISBACKBABY.png.543b0d08a4835ccd2a98acaa809fdf65.png

Hornet!

He's a sweet babeh boi and also gay.

Use this color pallet (Please it took me a long time to get the barely-purple brown and describable pale grape purple. Unless you are doing traditional, which I totally unserstand)   

hornet.thumb.png.99260a732b69a9d6228053dffaaefc49.png

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Strayed Away Fawn said:

gay

No offense, but why is everybody’s character gay/bisexual/lesbian, etc?

I have nothing against anybody who’s LGBTQ+, by the way.

Do they think it makes their character quirky? Unusual? Or what?

1 minute ago, Japanese Melon Fawn said:

No, it's actually from when we were doing a lot of hunger games. I kinda liked him being gay so i kept it :3

• Paw up 1

Ooh I remember this!(it was the reason I joined the forums actually! i was a newbie and still feel likeone today even though I've been here for a year XD) 

20190126091420_1.jpg.4d23578dbf846d785d610a4e3b120665.jpg.0fa44b18270571764f31c74974c512ed.jpg

Here's the one and only lipstick queen!! :Eek: 

Personality : optimistic, confident, reckless, sometimes a show-off 

Differences from photo : eh her eyes are much lighter purple,,,, 

Also, I can be a volunteer :)

Edited by Lazukii Fawn
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Japanese Melon Fawn said:

It's mostly for lgbt+ people to feel represented by their OCs, and plus, in most media everyone is cishet so its.. getting kinda old?? 

• Like 4
  • Paw up 3

21 hours ago, Japanese Melon Fawn said:

There seem to be barely any straight chacters out there anymore XD

(nothing against lgbtq+ either)

I'll join and can also volunteer!

This is Rosecrown (also known as Raccooncrown)

The screenshot has her genes

Personality: Caring, a poet, more introverted than extroverted but somewhere inbetween, kinda friendly, afraid of letting others down and facing her mistakes

Differences from picture: She can be wearing a flowercrown (or a rosecrown :3) but it's not necessary, all gems are pink

image.png.aa97f359a72d662a7bf43ef49d3b94ba.png

• Like 1