Stray Fawn Community

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL EVE

Sky

Tough. I've tried something like this a few times in story mode, but never got further than the archipelago without cheating. Three or two days too few and then your heir is sick... so a pair from the old island sends children over, but they're kind of old by the next port, inbreeding isn't allowed, and yeah... nightmare difficulty

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/23/2019 at 10:46 PM, Sky said:

so I have my own additions and subtractions to the rules so instead of being Whims of Fate™ this is On a Whim™

• one leader, they have a set tribe limit (3-17) that sticks with them until their death; when they die, a new leader and tribe limit is chosen
  • Random.org chooses which port we go to
  • it also chooses how many days (1-20) we must stay on the island, though we can stay as long as we wish
  • R also chooses how many nichelings make go on the port (1 to however many tiles there are)
  • this chooses BOTH mutations for every nicheling; mutations must be chosen as soon as possible after the nicheling's birth
  • blind genes
  • every creature may only have 3 children; the exception is the current leader, who may have as many as they wish
  • when a sick child is born, R chooses 50-50 whether console kills them instantly or not
  • you cannot intentionally kill off your leader, but you can choose to leave them behind when travelling
  • if a nicheling is banished, it may not be invited in. however, you can breed with it
  • possibly more rules to come, I'm still only on Eve's island (gotta stay here for 13 days)

Cool rules, I'm going to try these on story mode this afternoon.

What do we do if the gene generated is not unlocked yet ? Reroll ?

10 hours ago, Flèche des Neiges said:

Cool rules, I'm going to try these on story mode this afternoon.

What do we do if the gene generated is not unlocked yet ? Reroll ?

Yes, just reroll :)