Stray Fawn Community

New Sketch, how can I improve it?

mhiahia

Decided to try and practise a bit more, using my two favorite boys. I was hoping that you guys could give me feedback and tell me what I could improve.

Roku2.png.17b0e328f10cb013dcf8029cdfc1811d.png

863266385_Ohmagoshzugeschnitten.thumb.png.81121c87913858961295d21c94dee61c.png

I know that the ears of the right one are not done correctly, but I am too lazy to change them right now.

2133021060_RokuundOhmagoshSkizze.thumb.jpg.00918b1419d25ff03ef542219802e93b.jpg

• Love 8

7 minutes ago, mhiahia said:

For the one on the left, the teeth don't really look right to me. Nichelings are omnivores. so not all the teeth would be k9s. Bears are a pretty good example for nicheling teeth

here's a bear skull:Image result for bear skull

• Paw up 2

4 minutes ago, Illuminati Fawn said:

For the one on the left, the teeth don't really look right to me. Nichelings are omnivores. so not all the teeth would be k9s. Bears are a pretty good example for nicheling teeth

here's a bear skull:Image result for bear skull

Thanks you! I had planned to change that, but I forgot it right away. Now I know what animal to use for teeth!

• Paw up 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
9 minutes ago, Illuminati Fawn said:

Nichelings are omnivores

Unless you only had a tribe with claws, then they would be a pure carnivore, at least in my books.. and it’s how you evolved them.

Guest SilverTheNicheling
23 minutes ago, mhiahia said:

Decided to try and practise a bit more, using my two favorite boys. I was hoping that you guys could give me feedback and tell me what I could improve.

Roku2.png.17b0e328f10cb013dcf8029cdfc1811d.png

863266385_Ohmagoshzugeschnitten.thumb.png.81121c87913858961295d21c94dee61c.png

I know that the ears of the right one are not done correctly, but I am too lazy to change them right now.

Also, might I add that the sketch on the right seems to have a shorter snout than usual? I recommend drawing lines on each side of the nose to make it look like it’s a longer nose bridge for big nose :P.

First of all, these are really, really cute!! They're lovely in 2D, so this is just about adding to perspective. 

The one with big nose doesn't quite look like a teen and the eyes are a bit more set forward than on the model (which also makes the snout smaller and reduces depth). A rounder head might help in place of the heart shape. The antlers would need a nightmarish amount of shading to be more detailed. They aren't straight on the nicheling, though, but have many small angles. Roku's lower jaw and throat are a bit confusing. Can't think of anything really in need of fixing, they're very pretty.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OnlySlightlyEldritchFawn said:

First of all, these are really, really cute!! They're lovely in 2D, so this is just about adding to perspective. 

The one with big nose doesn't quite look like a teen and the eyes are a bit more set forward than on the model (which also makes the snout smaller and reduces depth). A rounder head might help in place of the heart shape. The antlers would need a nightmarish amount of shading to be more detailed. They aren't straight on the nicheling, though, but have many small angles. Roku's lower jaw and throat are a bit confusing. Can't think of anything really in need of fixing, they're very pretty.

Adding blur (If possible) really helps. 

yepe.png.e2f04127cdce92ca71d8b4df091c116b.png<Lineart not by me, idk who tho. (I'll find out later. They were on scratch tho.)

This art for example. I used shading where I wanted to using the oil pastel (Not hard) on medibang then proceeded to add a Gaussian blur. I added more shading and more blur until I was happy (If I added to much, ctrl + z) 

I added some around the eye, nose/mouth, neck, ears, and legs. Also be careful you stay truthful to your light sources. (Mine is coming from the top left.) \

shading is a great way to make stuff look round despite being 2D. 

Ellmmnopee.jpg.2235bd5e0f555c9419de7c5ca962b9c6.jpg<This is where I really like the shading

As for lighting/highlights, just get a color that is the color of your light source (Say it is a green lamp, use a greenish white color.) And just play around with the blending modes. On medibang there are two main options Soft light (for less concentrated lights like windows + sunlight) and hard light (For concentrated light like lasers.) However, I have not studied the artistic applications of photons so just play around with it until it looks natural.

• Like 2
  • Love 2