Stray Fawn Community

ALL THE PAGES

Sky

The process of mitosis

Interphase: Period between division. Cell undergoes normal functions. Toward the end of the phase, genetic material replicates to prepare for mitosis.

Prophase: Chromatin condenses into visible chromosomes. Nuclear membrane disappears. Centrioles begin to form spindle fibres and migrate to poles.

Metaphase: Sister chromatids, pairs of replicated chromosomes connected by centromeres, align to the equator and attach to the spindle fibres. Centrioles are at the poles at this point.

Anaphase: Centromeres divide and sister chromatids separate and are pulled toward opposite poles.

Telophase: Chromatids have reached opposite poles. Nuclear membrane reappears. Mitosis is complete. Chromosomes now decondense into chromatin. Daughter cells will be genetically identical.

Cytokinesis: Seperate to mitosis, occurs alongside telophase (or maybe sometime else, I dunno). Cleavage furrow, or "pinch" in the cell membrane, occurs in the middle of the parent cell. Cytoplasm and organelles replicate and migrate to opposite poles. The cleavage furrow continues to pinch the cells apart. Two daughter cells are formed. Cell division is complete. The new cells go into interphase.

• Eek! 3

On 3/19/2021 at 3:43 PM, hamingcookie said:

5 days of unchecked notifications

On 3/19/2021 at 3:44 PM, hamingcookie said:

I ended with 116 notifications

I feel this-