Stray Fawn Community

Polar Pain

NichelingPotato

Distrust Polar survival. I mostly got this game because I saw a bit of on YouTube and it looked interesting… It was also on a 85% Sale so that was a huge reason too.

This is just going to be me against the Random generation of this game… 

What is this game you ask? Pretty much there is a base or something in a cold Place and the people the found some alien stuff or something and the anomalies started apearing and everyone died. A team of polar explorers were sent to investigate… a bright light apeared in the explorers helicopeter and the thing exploded leaving alive only the two polar explorers you chose to play with. The goal of the game is to escape this anomaly filed Place while having to care of the polar explorers needs Warmth,Stamina,hunger and their health. Oh and the Place is devided like 6 zones each harder than the last (all randomised each playthrough)… Im just gonna post my pain of getting to the second last zone and everyone dying… So yay!  

20191205211020_1.thumb.jpg.298fc0b4e3bfe038a665b226f9611109.jpg

• Eek! 2

Here are the charectors I have so far. The first three there are What you start With… Im gonna take Emil and Mary because their abilities are great. 

Emils Stamina goes down Slower and goes up faster and Mary Gets a Nutrition shake everytime she cooks something.

20191206154819_1.thumb.jpg.97c3e1aa2e66363a5a89bdb6c36f673d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2

I hope everything doesn't just go wrong like it always does. But anyway! Here it begins!

I might aswell explain the stats and how they work.

Warmth is simple. If an Explorer is outside or in an unheated Building it goes down. If it goes to 0 stamina starts going down faster and the Explorer might get sick and start losing health. Warmth goes up when an Explorer is in a warmed house or eats certain foods.

Stamina Is an intresting one. It goes down slowly over time and can be gotten back by sleeping  or cinsuming certain foods like Coffee or protain bars.

If it Goes to 0 the Explorer starts taking damage and starts going insane. Also you don't really want the explorers to sleep too much, because that's how the different anomalies apear… And the anomalies each do their own bad thing.

Hunger… Well you probably already can guess what it does.

If an explorers health goes to 0 They fall into a coma and start dying! If you can't wake them before they die… Welp say goodbye to them!

20191206160935_1.thumb.jpg.1e9862b1f7a317d423d8309674b7b695.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh! Our first random event! These sometimes happen when a charector does stuff and can either be ignored or you can try your luck!

In this case we can stop making coffee or continue and test our luck! Either something good will happen (We get two coffee) or something bad (The coffee gets ruined)

Im just gonna try my luck!

20191206164316_1.thumb.jpg.10a4e6fe09bbaf46b901589dbeab1bc3.jpg

• Eek! 2

Just now, FawnPotato said:

Oh! Our first random event! These sometimes happen when a charector does stuff and can either be ignored or you can try your luck!

In this case we can stop making coffee or continue and test our luck! Either something good will happen (We get two coffee) or something bad (The coffee gets ruined)

Im just gonna try my luck!

20191206164316_1.thumb.jpg.10a4e6fe09bbaf46b901589dbeab1bc3.jpg

Trying my luck was a mistake...

Okay! Let's talk about the ultimate goal of the game! Escaping each zone And leaving the Polar base! Each zone has a random objective that you need to do to get past the door to the next (Harder) Zone! Like in  this case we need to make a bomb and blow this open! How can I tell? It's because of how many times I have tried to succeed… I just have to look at the door to see what to do...

20191206164843_1.thumb.jpg.25f01e923a1787f6ed18922ebad0d9e6.jpg

• Like 2

This isn't the worst run ever… But it's Still not too good… The thing is that the items gotten early game really really matter in the later zones… As nearly all the Buildings have open and broken window meaning they are cold… Pretty much everything is broken inside the bulding in the later zones… This game is so based in luck… The way of opening the zone exit could just be something so stupid… Like having to go for a hunt of a certain set of items… that you get randomly by searching lockers… Then You could just be so unlucky with the items and getting nothing you need… The explorers might just get a cut while searching a locker.

So if you're unlucky everything could go wrong… 

• Like 1

The yellow mark means there is a Explorer in a coma! If I go and save them I get to play with a third Explorer!

Whitch can be great for getting stuff done! The Explorer is random one… It doesn't even have to be one that you have unlocked!

Also! The way to open the zone exit is pulling three levers in random houses.

20191206180443_1.thumb.jpg.658bab16320f1e577c6b2c621877db92.jpg

• Like 1