Stray Fawn Community

Seven Sins : Throne Tribe

medicine cat

A reboot of an old favorite of mine!
A quick review of the rules:
"Sick of traditional Niche clans basing positions off of the strengths of nichelings, these contrarians decide to indulge the weaknesses of their members. When old enough, nichelings are put into their appropriate faction in accordance to the Stones Of Temptation; whichever stone lights up is your destined faction. If more than one lights, then you can make a choice. Factions are as follows:
PRIDE -- (ALPHAS) :: Prideful nichelings are tribe leaders. Their gems are multicolored.
WRATH -- (ALPHAS) :: Protectors of the tribe, Wrathful nichelings are fighters who have a temper to be reckoned with. Their gems are red.
GREED -- (BETAS) :: Greed nichelings fuel their voracious appetite for possessions through clearing island grass, making the conquering of land their sole purpose in life. Their gems are yellow.
GLUTTONY - (BETAS) :: Gluttonous nichelings believe that the way to any nicheling's heart is through their stomach and spend their days providing the clan's food supply. Their gems are blue.
LUST -- (BETAS) :: Promiscuous, flirtatious and charismatic, lustful nichelings are hard to resist. They help care for young as well as having their own, often protecting nurseries. Their gems are pink. They are the only faction allowed to mate outside of their own rank.

ENVY -- (BETAS) :: Deemed unfit for the other tribe roles, envious nichelings are commonly treated as outcasts or ignored by all other factions. Though usually incredibly lonely, envious nichelings usually have an opportunity to do as they please rather than sticking to one faction. Their gems are green.
SLOTH -- (OMEGAS) :: Essentially useless, these lazy nichelings provoke the rage of all other tribe members. However, unlike their envious counterparts, they don't care, and sleep through most of the criticisms directed at them. They are often used as bait for predators. Ironically, they also have multicolored gems, but this is because they are too lazy to pick coordinating colors."

We start with our founding seven members: from left to right, there is Fernarm the Gluttonous, Grumplepelt the Wrathful, Dustfall the Envious, Mukbreaker the Lustful, Riverdrifter the Slothful, Cragthorn the Prideful, and Brewripper the Greedy.
1152988730_ScreenShot2019-12-09at1_12_11AM.png.edbdaead10dcc8af35383c2e4acb90ad.png
Highest in the hierarchy is Cragthorn. With spiky fur, Cragthorn is a gentle, elegant leader, obsessing over leading his tribe in a good direction.
Next is Grumblepelt, a cream-colored female. Though grumpy and intimidating, Grumblepelt is secretly a big softie and has a heart for all members of her tribe.
Third in the pecking order is Brewripper, a ginger male with sharp fangs and claws. He is rather eccentric and doesn't talk too much, usually too focused in his work in exploring for the tribe.
Next is Fernarm, a pretty gray female. Bold and loud, she often annoys the more introverted nichelings.
The shy Mukbreaker is the handsome Lust member of the clan, capturing the hearts of the females with his pretty orange eyes.
Dustfall is the Envious member of the clan, putting him lower on the list. He is rather dull in wit and does things impulsively.
Lowest in the order is Riverdrifter, a lonely sloth nicheling.

• Eek! 1

DAY 1, CHAPTER ONE
The first few days are spent getting situated on the new island and gathering food.  Grumblepelt agrees to mate with Mukbreaker, making them the first two to mate in the tribe's history.

Things in the clan get interesting when a foreigner joins! Her name is Grimebranch. She has pretty, murky black eyes and beige fur. She is shy despite her beauty, and she fascinates the clan.
"Let's take her to the stones," purrs out Cragthorn. 
At the Stones of Temptation, one stone lights up- that of Greed.
"You will be joining Brewripper in Greed," says Cragthorn.
Brewripper and Grimebranch bond quick, considering they've only met recently.
2137026028_ScreenShot2019-12-09at1_34_32AM.png.c5804df89985dabffc3c3540ff3da748.png

After some time, the son of Mukbreaker and Grumblepelt is born- a small male that looks like a blend of the two. They name the kit Hiro. Though little, Hiro is serious.
256542111_ScreenShot2019-12-09at1_38_45AM.png.572e887b02346bb19e208016473fcfe0.png
Shortly after Hiro's birth, Grumblepelt entrusts Hiro's care to Mukbreaker and returns to her post as head of Wrath.

Brewripper matures to adulthood, and soon after announces that he and Grimebranch are now mates and will be expecting a child soon. They become the first official pair of mates in the tribe.

Dustfall dies of an illness, and the tribe respectfully buries him.

Hiro matures into an adolescent and is taken to The Stones of Temptation to decide his path in life. He is assigned to Gluttony and becomes acquainted with Fernarm.
408709802_ScreenShot2019-12-09at1_51_25AM.png.de83379eac377a7d820fccadc1a8d002.png

• Love 1

DAY 16 CHAPTER TWO

PRIDE : Cragthorn (Leader)
WRATH : Grumblepelt (Leader)
GREED : Brewripper (Leader), Grimebranch
GLUTTONY : Fernarm (Leader), Hiro
LUST : Mukbreaker (Leader)

Riverdrifter dies of an illness.

Brewripper and Grimebranch's first kit is born- a male named Piccolo. Piccolo is a timid kit. Grimebranch leaves him in the care of Mukbreaker so she can return to her duties in Greed.
1020101082_ScreenShot2019-12-09at1_47_55PM.png.fd6ad0dba73030b9fce865f66486b038.png
However, an illness befalls Grimebranch, and she dies. The tribe is heartbroken, especially small Piccolo.
But time passes, and slowly Piccolo learns to live without his mother. He matures into a handsome adolescent.
"Let's get you to the stones," purrs Brewripper.
At the stones, two light up- Gluttony and greed.
"Our clan is starving," says Fernarm. "That is why your mother died. Join us and you will be able to help prevent more needless deaths."
"He's My son," growls out Brewripper. "Let him decide. I'm sure he'd rather be with his father."
"Actually..." mumbles out Piccolo, "I'd like to join Gluttony." Brewripper watches, mouth agape, as Piccolo sides with Fernarm and Hiro.
980126612_ScreenShot2019-12-09at1_57_16PM.png.dff65fa97187ded3b76fac2fcc2ab6de.png
Speaking of Hiro, he finally matures into a full adult in the tribe. He asks Fernarm to be his mate, to which she agrees.
"I don't know if this tribe will hold up well without all the paws possible working on grabbing food, but it's worth a try."

However, she will be out of commission longer than expected- Mukbreaker dies of old age, preventing her from having someone else to care for her kit when it is born.
Thanks to the combined work of Hiro and Piccolo during Fernarm's pregnancy, the clan not only sustains their current food level, but actually grows it- enough to allow a new member to enter- a pretty, sandy-colored female named Lime. Lime is calm and confident, easily adjusting into the tribe's life. She is taken to the stones, and one stone lights up- Gluttony.
"Maybe we won't starve after all," purrs Fernarm.
672605706_ScreenShot2019-12-09at2_08_50PM.png.f816d96d03b36d79a67b8a40fca9d6c0.png
The clan is soon joined by yet another female- a unique, golden-furred female named Oasis. Oasis is clever and mischievous, though possibly a bit mean to those she doesn't know.
"Come to the stones," beckons Cragthorn. Yet again, she is assigned to Gluttony- the other factions let out an annoyed groan.
1656458049_ScreenShot2019-12-09at2_11_10PM.png.523976854ef80d46608c362c6b41c0a9.png
Fernarm finally gives birth to a handsome male, who she names Griper. Griper is impulsive and a bit rude, often trying to annoy other members of the tribe- especially Oasis, for some reason.
"I just can't wait until he outgrows being in Gluttony," growls Oasis.
1816477061_ScreenShot2019-12-09at2_15_14PM.png.69a52c9ceec889df38a5504c90e8ffa7.png
Talk around the tribe begins to form about moving to a new island- the one they are on is crowded, and hopes of more food piques the interest of many. So one day, Cragthorn calls everyone to a meeting.
"Today, we will decide where we are headed- or if we're going anywhere at all," he purrs. "We will start with the lowest ranked faction, stating our opinion, and going upwards before finally I make the final decision of where we go. So, let's start with Gluttony."
The four members of Gluttony huddle together in discussion, save for Griper, who is too young to care or to be counted as a faction member. Hiro shrugs and looks at his fellow Gluttons.
Lime says, "I think we should go east. It looks plentiful."
"I agree!" says Piccolo. 
"I don't really care," says Oasis.
Fernarm speaks up. "Gluttony votes we head East."
"Understood," says Cragthorn. "Greed?"
"North," says Brewripper. "It looks more challenging."
"Wrath?"
"We are too weak to move, Cragthorn. It is too dangerous to go yet."
Cragthorn paces back and forth, before finally speaking up.
"Then we will wait."

• Like 1

DAY 36 CHAPTER THREE

GREED : Brewripper (Leader)
GLUTTONY : Fernarm (Leader), Hiro, Piccolo, Lime, Oasis

Some time passes to give the tribe room to reconsider where they go next. Grumblepelt dies of old age, and after the clan grieves, Cragthorn holds the vote again.
This time, the votes change- Gluttony votes to stay on the island, Greed votes to go North again. Cragthorn elects that the tribe head north. Fernarm dies on the way, leaving the Gluttons little time to grieve and Hiro little time to take his place as the new Gluttony leader. The tribe arrives on a new, strange shore, disoriented. Upon their arrival, it is time for Griper's Stone ceremony.
1452535508_ScreenShot2019-12-09at2_31_36PM.png.21a6a7f26b400461e23164ecf076692f.png
Griper's stone lights up- he is the new leader of Lust. Oasis snickers at his new role.
1730077652_ScreenShot2019-12-09at2_32_53PM.png.73827c3430fde80c7985d2bb27803c6d.png
Brewripper dies of old age, leaving the tribe without Greed members.

One day, Piccolo approaches Oasis.
"Oasis... would you be interested in a mate?"
"We are in dire need of more tribe members," says the female. "Deal."

The tribe is joined by an able-bodied male named  Saul. Saul is lax and has dark red fur. He is taken to the stones, and the tribe prays he fills an open faction spot. Their wish comes true, but not in the way desired. Saul is assigned to... Sloth.
1404885236_ScreenShot2019-12-09at2_43_26PM.png.ae90be8f906cc0122fb9be796e1f293f.png

Hiro dies of old age, and Lime replaces him as leader of Gluttony.

Piccolo and Oasis's child is born- a female, who they name Izzy. She is impulsive and rowdy like Griper, making them get along well when Oasis leaves her to be taken care of by the Lust faction.
A bearyena comes into the tribe grounds and attacks Griper. Cragthorn goes after it, and the hungry nichelings of Glutton join in. They quickly kill it, providing a hearty meal for the tribe.
Lime dies of injuries from fighting the bearyena, though, and Piccolo takes over as leader.

Griper becomes a full adult, making him the full leader of Lust.

A pretty female joins the tribe by the name of Teddy. She joins Greed, despite being very relaxed.
166900234_ScreenShot2019-12-09at2_56_22PM.png.41938244435fd12f3472ff6f346bd97c.png

Not long after, Izzy becomes old enough to be apprenticed into a faction. She is taken to the stones, and there, she is given the choice between Lust and Envy. She joins envy.
1419344534_ScreenShot2019-12-09at2_58_23PM.png.21272187b65fb5c445e78da163915d94.png

• Like 1

DAY 65 CHAPTER FOUR

GREED : Teddy (Leader)
GLUTTONY : Piccolo (Leader), Oasis
LUST : Griper (Leader)
ENVY : Izzy (Leader)

SLOTH : Saul (Leader)

Plague strikes the tribe. Piccolo, Oasis, and Saul die. In desperation for new members, the tribe takes in a light yellow female- Daisy. Mild and sweet, she easily comes to trust and join the clan. As if it is a miracle, when she is taken to the stones, all seven glow mysteriously. 
"You are a amissing piece our tribe has been needing," says Cragthorn in awe. "Go. Pick your faction. We really need help in Wrath and Gluttony."
"I'll be in Wrath," says Daisy. "I'd hate to see the members of this tribe hurt because they had no protection."
89752691_ScreenShot2019-12-10at12_05_08AM.png.20b546fa4637826bc79f9b4c0bb31bc2.png
Griper dies, as does Cragthorn and Teddy due to another epidemic. As the highest ranking member, Daisy moves up in rank to Pride. She and Izzy wander the island alone and afraid. Izzy grows up and becomes an adult with Daisy's guidance.
As if a blessing, a handsome young male joins the clan- his name is Cornelius, and he is easygoing.
"Come to the stones," says Izzy.
Four stones light up- Wrath, Sloth, Pride, and Envy.
"I'd like to be Wrath," says Cornelius.
750397521_ScreenShot2019-12-10at12_10_34AM.png.d6f5505b9ba29d26b4792855f4524aa4.png
Cornelius uses his strength to catch much food for the tribe, restoring supplies considerably.
A hostile bearyena comes after the tribe. All three tribe members spring into action, killing it quickly.

Daisy dies of old age, leaving  Cornelius to become leader of Pride.
Cornelius and Izzy befriend a yellow male named Dunstan. He is careful and tactful with his words and actions. He is taken to the stones and ironically, the two that light up are Pride and Envy. He chooses Pride, ruling alongside Cornelius, even though Cornelius dislikes him to an extent.
16825340_ScreenShot2019-12-10at12_27_27AM.png.542d7cf7aab82f190e7f697d70eb791d.png
Izzy dies of a disease, and Cornelius is eaten by a carnivorous plant. Dunstan is left to pick up the pieces of what he learned from the tribe and try to rebuild it. He sits on a calling stump and encounters a pretty dark she-nicheling named Maude. Maude is sassy and has a sharp tongue, but the two fascinate each other and grow to become close. She joins the clan, and at the stones is assigned to Lust. It isn't long before the two are planning on a kit.
754553921_ScreenShot2019-12-10at12_43_07AM.png.74b9f38e9963622a4ee52060106aaf43.png
Dunstan is killed by a bearyena despite the high hopes for the future, and in a panic, Maude rests near the den of a peaceful bear and sets up an area to give birth. She is forced to take on the role of Pride. Anyways, she gives birth to a small female, who she names Emma. Emma is eccentric and nervous, like her father was, causing her mother to be even more adoring of her.
512183705_ScreenShot2019-12-10at12_48_09AM.png.af163245be8cd0381205b507d9a7cf48.png
Maude stays close with her daughter to the peaceful bear as the bearyena lurks ever near. One day, Maude panics when she sees a tall, dark figure dangerously near her den. At the sound of her menacing growl, the figure is startled, seemingly even more afraid than her.
"Oh, I'm sorry! Don't hurt me!" Yells a male voice. The voice belongs to Smith, a dark red male. He is naive, but Maude needs all the help she can get, so she lets him into the tribe. Maude takes him to the stones, and three light up- Wrath, Pride, and Gluttony.
"You look tough," she says. "You'll be joining Wrath, then."
"I'm not very tough, but-"
"Then learn."
1676223876_ScreenShot2019-12-10at12_53_02AM.png.46b29f8f4706a7e974d0fd53e4c82e12.png

• Eek! 1

DAY 147 CHAPTER FIVE

PRIDE : Maude (Leader)
WRATH : Smith (Leader)

Smith defies Maude's expectations and manages to kill the bearyena that had been scaring she and little Emma for so long.
"You're not so bad, Smith," Maude says approvingly. The two of them become closer, like friends.
"Emma was very small when I first came here," says Smith one night, looking at the kit while she sleeps against her mother. "I've watched her grow."
"I hope she never has to fight like I have... or lose things like I have. I know it's inevitable, but it pains me so to think of it," says Maude.
"Can I ask you a personal question?"
"I suppose," says Maude. "You can try." she gives a playful, welcoming grin.
"Where... is her father?"
The grin slowly, quietly fizzles out.
"Murdered. By one of those bearyenas, much like the one you'd slain... if not the same one."
"What.. was he like?"
"Emma," says Maude softly. "She has his personality in a little package. When I miss him, I try to just look at her. I have to appreciate what I have left."

Emma soon grows old enough to be put into her own faction. Maude takes her to the stones, and Smith observes. It is decided Emma will be put into Greed.
1522215936_ScreenShot2019-12-10at1_03_25AM.png.fe00cba22517931351d8051703533c03.png

A bearyena returns and kills Maude and Smith. Emma is left alone, like Maude feared. She is forced to become the leader in Pride. In desperation, she grows up alone and does something she never thought she'd do- she befriends an orphaned bearyena. THe voice of her mother deep inside her howls with disapproval and horror, but all Emma really wants is someone to relate to at this point.

Emma meets Philip, a handsome male a little older than her. He is hardy and never complains. She takes him to the stones, and he joins envy.
50452728_ScreenShot2019-12-10at1_12_48AM.png.cdd55a2aec9dc87a2f58b7336430b95c.png
Since Philip is in envy and can't really become her mate, she does something unprecedented in her tribe's history- she mates with the friendly bearyena. She gives birth to a son, who she names Tumbleboulder for his muscular body. He is very determined and loud, and shows great promise for being a high ranked nicheling one day.
1442689194_ScreenShot2019-12-10at1_17_24AM.png.422391cbba6f0c67c40d6b4d3392570e.png
Philip is attacked by a vicious bearyena, but the ally bearyena of the clan comes in and saves him.
"Maybe my familywas wrong about you guys," whispers Emma.

Tumbleboulder grows old enough to be assigned to a faction, and the tribe takes him to the stones. One lights up- Tumbleboulder is to be a child of Wrath.
1580053404_ScreenShot2019-12-10at1_21_18AM.png.e08f99f9ef8bf151abec646717af90c6.png

The tribe is joined by a young male named Rockswing. Rockswing is bold. When taken to the stones, he is assigned to Gluttony.
1724451526_ScreenShot2019-12-10at1_27_00AM.png.8e9ebccda2ab6bcf8be2aa5bcb4956d9.png

• Like 2

DAY 193 CHAPTER SIX

PRIDE: Emma
WRATH: Tumbleboulder 
GLUTTONY: Rockswing
ENVY: Philip

Tumbleboulder grows into a full adult, making him the sole leader of Wrath.

Philip dies of old age, but the clan's population doesn't go down- in comes a pretty she-nicheling named Nylette. She is young and has a fiery temper, but still is a fascinating specimen. She is taken to the stones and is put into Greed.
1777870038_ScreenShot2019-12-10at12_33_12PM.png.da6204caf0bd2789bb27d356ae35825f.png

Some time after, the tribe takes in a snow-white teen male by the name of Don. As impulsive as he is young, he is quickly convinced to join the tribe. They take him to the stones, and two light up- Greed or Envy. He chooses Envy.
1697141304_ScreenShot2019-12-10at12_44_46PM.png.fa3e3eff59cb7e7756cac449d98f9ac3.png

Discussions begin to come about about moving to another island. Emma gathers the tribe together to discuss the issue.
"As tradition, we will go from the lowest rank upward, stating our opinion. I will decide after hearing everyone else's thoughts. We will start with Don, in Greed."
Don thinks a moment. "I don't think we should go anywhere, really. We're doing just fine right here, and we haven't really seen all of this island yet."
"Okay," says Emma. "Gluttony?"
Rockswing swishes his tail. "I don't really care either way."
"Greed?"
"We should definitely head East," says Nylette. "It seeems as hospitable as where we are now- maybe a little easier."
"Wrath?" Emma looks to her son.
"I agree with Nylette," says Tumbleboulder. "Seems like a good spot, and if things go sour I think I'm capable of protecting us."
"A lot of different options we have," says Emma thoughtfully. "I don't have a preference, but since there were so many suggestions to head East, we will go East."

The tribe moves to a scorching, burning savanna. Oh boy.

763629242_ScreenShot2019-12-10at1_04_31PM.png.47b45252ebec084c038aae9e5b0c3e11.png

After spending many hot days scrambling to maintain their food supply, the tribe stumbles across an orphaned kit named Wilbur. Emma takes him in as her own son. He is always quiet and well-behaved, trying to show gratitude for being rescued into the tribe. When he is old enough, they take him to the stones. He is assigned to Lust.
633497851_ScreenShot2019-12-10at1_13_08PM.png.935247641d626529010815ca7a4e4e69.png
Don and Emma die- Emma of old age and Don of a bearyena attack. Tumbleboulder takes Emma's place, moving up to Pride status.

The clan befriends another wanderer nicheling- this time, a female named Delilah. She isn't the most beautiful nicheling and tends to push others away, but she knows her way around the island so the tribe takes her in as an asset. She is taken to the stones. She is given Gluttony or Envy and is assigned to Envy.
1905121852_ScreenShot2019-12-10at1_23_46PM.png.170f8aad2d2bede33b4f11738a4dc937.png

Wilbur becomes of age, making him a full member of Lust.

A bearyena attacks the tribe, and when they fight it it takes down Rockswing in the process.

The tribe takes in yet another wanderer out of need for extra assistance. Her name is Stasha. She is rather rough and apathetic towards the feelings of others, but she joins anyway. They take her to the stones, and her options are Wrath, Lust, or Envy. She chooses Wrath.
366455626_ScreenShot2019-12-10at1_30_46PM.png.eb3b9a4c1ab65aa252606ccd9e24b593.png

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/10/2019 at 10:53 AM, medicine cat said:

(Aaaaaand once again, the burning savanna has bested me lol)

14 hours ago, orinz said:

wait it ended?

Now i'm just sad--

Can I do something like this?