Stray Fawn Community

Halp

Rainwater

43 minutes ago, Rainwater said:

Sometimes Tiny Green only has like 5 booshes though... what about Grass Adventure for stockpiling?

I'd recommend Archipelagelo - tons of food and lots of space. My most successful tribe lived there for a few generations, we had almost 4'000 food and 2'000 nest material.

• Thanks 1

savannah/jungle are the toughest parts, so focus on big ears, lean body and stinky tail. then use that swamp island before long winter to get a load of strength and medium body and go straight through long winter without exiting the game

oh yeah and do all that gene unlocking and stuff on grass adventure and pray to the rng gods for a stinky fruit tree and spend as little time as possible on archipelago and dont split the tribe between the two different island paths

If it's just standard islands you're pretty solid with lean body and some strenght genes.

I guess here's my main mistakes, if that's any help now...

Don't overprepare for the jungle. I've come there multiple times with zero correct adaptions. Still works with nesting by the vine port and the rare nicheling sacrifice when traveling cross the jungle... just avoid "ape spots" and you won't be found 3.7/5 times. 

Second. Even the youngest nichelings will be old when you're done. Too much risk on immunity not to nest there, despite the ape danger. They don't wander to the edges very often, so clear out what you can and you're good for 10 days. 

When they stalk your group, especially if it's two, flee to the swamp portion of the jungle. Seriously, you can lose the apes there every time. If you do have lean body, you can even jump over the thorns where they can't follow. The only thing the apes have going for them is their wide ratio of sight/smell/hearing. But when they can't track you for even one day, they'll start losing you. Make that two and they'll turn tail soon. Still, if you nest in the swamp, by the edges, you'll likely come to encounter at least one. Bad spot for nests somehow long term-ish.