Stray Fawn Community

I made a super small Niche Game ^^

Philo

1 hour ago, Evil Aether said:

I think Carnivores should give 5 food. there needs to be another reward for killing them other than just killing them.

Maybe the 2 strength carnivore can give five but it depends on how much food you'll need for the nichlings per day, otherwise I'm fine with only 3.

🤔 What do you think would be a good reward for killing them? All I can think is that similarly to the pc version we get new ways to customize our niche🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FawnCat said:

Maybe the 2 strength carnivore can give five but it depends on how much food you'll need for the nichlings per day, otherwise I'm fine with only 3.

🤔 What do you think would be a good reward for killing them? All I can think is that similarly to the pc version we get new ways to customize our niche🙂

Yeah I guess 5 is a little excessive. 3 would be enough. However in this little demo, the food isn't eaten upon night (Could be something not implemented yet.) New genes would be a good reward for killing a certain amount... 

Food from carnivores would also provide a new strategy... Hunting...

• Paw up 1

Not sure how much is reasonably possible to implement. It's a points game, so giving the player a choice to wait for a possible bigger reward or move on for smaller ones seems standard. E.g."buying" another nicheling for ten/eight food. So you're driven between securing survival and high scores. But I get that it was supposed to be a fun personal project, not actual 2D Niche. 

• Like 1

How about everything having a health bar? It would be useful so our nichelings dont die instantly, and it is harder to kill weak predators. Also, maybe there can be dificulties?

Easy: 10 days, lots of food, few predators

Normal: How game is now

Hard: 3 days, little food, lots of predators

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Taduk said:

I've found out that if you press space all of the tiles are uncovered 🗿

I knew somebody would find out sooner or later xD
Will be removed in the next version :P

• Haha 1