Stray Fawn Community

So is Niche done?

MАTTRESS

This is what Philo had to say in the thread I created about this very topic.

On 12/15/2019 at 2:22 AM, Birthday Fawn (Philo) said:

Hey folks

Thanks a lot for liking Niche so much :)
Currently we're porting the game to Switch and are working on a new Niche mobile game. Both are planned to be released in 2020.
Niche has been profitable for us, but unfortunatly not so profitable that we could survive as a studio by just releasing more and more free updates (which we have done for quite a while now). So we're not really sure where to go from here. I think we will look at how the Switch launch and the mobile game perform and then evaluate further on how and were we can go with Niche.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:34 AM, Birthday Fawn (Philo) said:

@Evil Aether
It all sounds so easy but I'm honestly not sure.
The mobile market has become fiercly competitive. And our studio has a moral code that we don't want to include "predatory monetization" in our games. Aka we don't want to make mobile games were people get super addicted and buy more that they can afford. So this maybe slims the chances for a big hit ;)
For modding we would basically need to reprogram Niche from scratch, so I highly doubt this will ever happen. We tried to give a bit of modding options with the sandbox settings update. 

On 12/17/2019 at 1:03 AM, Birthday Fawn (Philo) said:

@Snowy Owl that would be an option indeed :)
@Reindeerfawn If we did a DLC that would indeed most likely be combined with another Kickstarter. But it will very likely not be in 2020 since we're indeed already plenty busy with the Niche Switch port, Niche mobile game, Full release of Nimbatus and the Kickstarter for Nyoma ^^

So we will just have to wait and see.