Stray Fawn Community

0.9.5 Crash after exiting testing drone in editor

STM

Edited my drone, clicked test and remembered i forgot something and hammered esc to get back to the editor. Nimbatus didn't like that and crashed back to windows withour error. :(

I would like to add a log, but i can't find any.

The patch to the savefiles changed, maybe because the new way the savegames are created?

So i just grabed this file and hope it's what you expect :)

196a5a1f-ff3d-4f3d-9b33-7831d6b9f32e.nimbSave

• Like 1

Thanks! If you haven't launched the game since the crash, there's a file in c://Users/your name/AppData/LocalLow/Nimbatus/Nimbatus/ called "output_log.txt". Often there are crashes described.

We already have that crash on our bug list, but were not able to fix it in time for this update. I hope it will be fixed as soon as possible as well :) 

Will the file be overwriten when the game is launched?

If so it's too late for this case, but I will post the log next time!

Please edit the "read this first" post to match the actual paths, thank you!

• Like 1

Yes, unfortunately the output_log.txt gets overwritten every time the game restarts.

Which post do you mean specifically, I'll fix it :) The post here in this forum uses:

"Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\LocalLow\Nimbatus\Nimbatus\output_log.txt"

and

"Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\LocalLow\Nimbatus\Nimbatus\Saves"

which should be the correct ones. Sorry if I'm missing something :) 

Would it help to make a output_log_#.txt where # is a number from 0 to 9 and ònly after reaching 9 to start overwirting at 0 again?

when looking at the timestamp of the file it should be easy enough to locate the latest one.

I meant the pinned post from Philo, but I thing i was blind or really tired as it states the correct paths. Sorry about that!

• Like 1