Stray Fawn Community

Art Challenge

FawnCat

This challenge is to help you learn to use a limited color palette and get better at drawing one thing. ย 

1. Use an app; online random color picker or just let someone pick for you so you have 5 different colors for seven days (I used:ย  http://colormind.io/ )

2. Pick what you want to draw for seven days (remember you can only draw that one thing) using these colors, e.g. Niche, animals, fruits, people, backgrounds...

3. Hopefully enjoy it.

Or just see how I struggle because I'll be posting them here.๐Ÿ˜†

I'll be doing Niche art and here are the only colors I'm allowed to use for each day when drawing them.

319617067_7dayartchallenge.thumb.jpg.90e550998b0446d54a0bd8d1a6c61290.jpg

(Not sure if I should have posted this under Challenges?)

ย 

• Eek! 3
  • Love 1

Well here is day 1.

I'm going to allow blending/blurring or else this would have looked even worse๐Ÿ˜†

I'm only happy with the shadow. The Background is horrible๐Ÿ˜ญ Didn't know what to to because the teen niche is already so yellow. So I still have a lot I want to improve ๐Ÿ™‚

437873658_Day1.thumb.jpg.4a6210dacf705ec7dbe6e0287b58e38c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On to day 2.

I tried the dark purple for the line art but with my art style it looked a bit off. So I decided with day 2's colors being to hard to create shadows that I liked, I switched to a cute style. Simple design and color, nothing to complicated. I didn't really improve on yesterday's but this style is so cute and I'll like to explore it a bit more. We'll see what the rest of the week brings ๐Ÿ˜„

29822305_Day2.thumb.jpg.0fa8a51cb3f7d4c36955e38ee9f748bf.jpgย 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Today is day 3!

I tried to do a bit more with the background because I was really not happy with day 1's BG ๐Ÿ™‚

I also tried to improve the shadows with crosshatching (But think I made it to big๐Ÿ˜) So I definitely want to improve on those finer things. I ended up using the dark purple on the blue as a shadow and it worked out (I was so shocked๐Ÿ˜ฑ) Then thought 'oh, shadows are more than just one color' So another thing I want to improve on. The list is getting longer......

2133811579_Day3.thumb.jpg.735aff3b828853a426d7b0a79a09f9f6.jpg

• Love 5

4 hours ago, FawnCat said:

Today is day 3!

I tried to do a bit more with the background because I was really not happy with day 1's BG ๐Ÿ™‚

I also tried to improve the shadows with crosshatching (But think I made it to big๐Ÿ˜) So I definitely want to improve on those finer things. I ended up using the dark purple on the blue as a shadow and it worked out (I was so shocked๐Ÿ˜ฑ) Then thought 'oh, shadows are more than just one color' So another thing I want to improve on. The list is getting longer......

2133811579_Day3.thumb.jpg.735aff3b828853a426d7b0a79a09f9f6.jpg

if you want help with back lighting, it tends to 'wrap' around and give them a 'halo'

Image result for lighting help drawing lighting from back

it's ''glowyer'' in areas thinner (EG mane or neck fur) and darker in areas with no sun (EG middle of body)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

if you want help with back lighting, it tends to 'wrap' around and give them a 'halo'

Image result for lighting help drawing lighting from back

it's ''glowyer'' in areas thinner (EG mane or neck fur) and darker in areas with no sun (EG middle of body)

Thank you๐Ÿ˜ƒ This helps, I'll try it with Day 4

On 1/20/2020 at 10:56 AM, FawnCat said:

2. Pick what you want to draw for seven days (remember you can only draw that one thing) using these colors, e.g. Niche, animals, fruits, people, backgrounds...

Please can I do all of them?

• Paw up 1

Day 6 is here.

I focused on facial expressions today. I must admit the little niche in the back is my favorite thing of this picture. There is a lot I can improve on๐Ÿ˜„

1684002002_Day6.thumb.jpg.edb5d8efbbf851d194d0c0060c04ff53.jpg

• Love 4