Stray Fawn Community

ghost blocks

Zixvir

ghost blocks should be parts of you drone, they look like basic blocks, but, when you turn them on they become see-through,and go through terrain like ghosts. but when they turn on, drone parts still act as if they were basic blocks. this only affects drone parts  and not any thing else meaning drone parts are the ONLY thing that can bump into ghost blocks and and attach to them meaning you cannot use this as a shield. basically, when ghost blocks are unsolidified  they only interact with drone parts.if a ghost block solidifies in terrain it will break/Explode. if a ghost block solidifies inside of an enemy/ mission objective it will force that object out of the way in a random direction.I think that ghost blocks cannot be seen by sensors, or maybe they could be seen by other players sensors but not your own sensors. if a ghost block break/explodes while ghosted it will just explode like normal. it should also give an output when turned on or off like the full or empty blue text on a fuel tank/ energy capsule

example of a use: you can put a chamber of ghost blocks to have a multi purpose room that you could have a 3 in one, tnt inside, you could do the bio barrels, and trap black boxes inside to then destroy, you get the idea,  phantom mini drones, tnt rockets that trap enemies, etc.

feel free to tell me anything wrong about this post or if you have ideas and I will think it through the terrain with ghost blocks

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

17 replies to this post

if a ghost block solidifies inside of something it will break/ explode

if it was inside a mission objective or an enemy it would force the enemy out of that space

thank you for your help! *bows*

• Like 2

21 hours ago, OverlordSachi said:

will ghost blocks still be affected by temperature? what if a block breaks while ghosted?

Thanks,

Sachi

how would a ghost block break if it is ghosted?

and while ghost blocks are in ghost mode they do not interact with surroundings, only drone parts so they will not be affected by temperature

Edited by Zixvir
oops i meant to say not

2 hours ago, Zixvir said:

how would a ghost block break if it is ghosted?

im sure there are plenty of super specific situations that can break block a that is not currently being touched, but what i can think of right now is if they are already burning when they are ghosted, or if multiple blocks it is connected to are stretched far apart and the ghost breaks under the tension.

sorry for bothering you so much about this post, but i think it could end up as a really cool feature if used and implemented in a good way

Thanks,

Sachi

7 hours ago, corona_wind said:

Could you suggest a use case for this?

I dont know what Zixvir has in mind, but i think making a railgun with blocks that can rematerialize inside enemies and possibly explode would be great. Otherwise, i would just have to experiment with to find more uses, maybe a structural stabilizer if they dont have mass while ghosted?

Thanks,

Sachi

6 minutes ago, OverlordSachi said:

I dont know what Zixvir has in mind, but i think making a railgun with blocks that can rematerialize inside enemies and possibly explode would be great. Otherwise, i would just have to experiment with to find more uses, maybe a structural stabilizer if they dont have mass while ghosted?

Thanks,

Sachi

That's exactly what they can't do, ghost blocks that materialize inside enemies just break.

also a field around your drone to limit where mini drones can go, means mini drones of mass destruction (m.d of m.d) orbiting around my drone. yay!

if this was in game you could attach a not gate and a mob detecting vertical line thing  and have the ghost block be activated by the same as the not gate out-put, and make the detector activate the not gate and tnt. 

then it will be a missle that cannot be escaped