Stray Fawn Community

learning about aliens (tons new quests as well)

Zixvir

think there should be a block that scans aliens to learn about them and sometimes you can scan them during special events, battle , or even normal behavior in order to learn more data about their structure , lifestyle and the results of their structure  like not seeing certain colors  and what colors and sounds mean(colors is only for things that change color) so for example if I scanned a bee while it was communicating, or fleeing I would scan and learn the sound and if I made that sound the bees would case me and attack the drone thinking a bee is trapped inside.

scanner: lets you scan aliens and plants, adds to your beastiary when you do, you get bodily information as well as other information based on what you scanned it doing,(breeding gives knowledge on that etc.) the bodily information could be guessed on or recorded as needs more reaserch to find out what is used for and it also gets you new sounds for the speaker that let you interact with aliens as well as a use for the phermone device,it also can scan plants and show the different stages of those too (if a symbiotic plant is added then you can get information when you scan it with it being that way

capture device: let's you capture aliens and take them with you on board, only works if the alien is a baby, you can release them and they will gift you something(or get an achivement) they could also stay with you if you decided to bond with them, if youu have them in the capture device and you get on the ship a screen pops up saying do you want meat or do you want a live alien,  live aliens allow you to hold a 

phermone device: lets you make phermones with plants and meat and use them to interact with the plants and animals

sterilizer: lets you sterilize aliens so that they can't breed and you can do something(someone please think of a quest) with the meat.you can also gather sterilized meat too.

camera: (it shows you a first person view) lets you take pictures at a first-person view for quests and stuff

breeder: lets you breed aliens with food you have collected and requires the alien to be scanned before breeding and even then it depends on when you  scanned it. also baby aliens can be abducted and follow you around if you capture them and put them somewhere else, then they  come with you and will follow you around the mission. 

harvester: lets you harvest plants and dead sterilized aliens for the breeder, this also goes in the cargo bin. and drops off in the cargo hover thing  as well. harvested things have  a hidden thing that keeps track of what foods you have, aliens won't eat what they don't naturally.

if you are confused or have any additions to make I will think it through and scan my answer for answers.

7 replies to this post

I don't think this will go well with the rest of the game.

I can imagine sone sort of damage bonus to certain enemies if you have killed enough of it to somehow learn the weak spots.

Like 'kill 100 bees with fire to get a +5% dmg bonus against this enemy'

30 minutes ago, STM said:

I can imagine sone sort of damage bonus to certain enemies if you have killed enough of it to somehow learn the weak spots.

like that but you have to do somethng special as well so that you hit the right spot, also it will backfire so it might make peace but usually it will backfire if it could be anything else.

so you scan an enemie and it was doing something, if it was just idle then if you make the idle noise they will think that a bee is trapped inside and try to free it, rather than helping you bypass them, but if it is small enough and has the right things then it will work, it will have to be detached from the main drone and cannot be factory produced

Most players will probably just ignore it and slap on another weapon to kill enemies faster anyway.

IMO blowing things up is fun, scanning an idle enemy... not so much.

Other than the achievement to bring a frozen bee to the container there is not much to do other than shoot enemies. So another way to interact with them could be nice, but there are more pressing matters right now (release) so...

I don't expect anything in this direction anytime soon.

a quest to get enemies to do something by interacting or stuff like that works, like you could have an army of bees controlled by your mini drone and maybe you could breed them and have them follow you anyway

4 hours ago, STM said:

also you could scan the bee and get the bonus instantaneously, also the post has been updated