Stray Fawn Community

I'm cursed with "artblock"

FawnCat

I'm not sure if it's artblock or not. I want to draw but just end up with doodles... So sharing my frustrations here 😁 Feel free to share yours here too.

Ladies and gentlemen,

The first piece I like to call "Lines of Agony" It took a whole 5 minutes.

Random4.thumb.jpg.1e043b9b3d7112a125245274d5df6763.jpg

Next we have "To lazy to try"

803903280_Tigerteddu.thumb.jpg.1c472d37f1e257badda0cca94d294121.jpg

Then last up we have "Current state of mind"

Random6.thumb.jpg.dcacd165cb287328be52aad9e6a3d550.jpg

Honestly how do I overcome this? I start out great then just stop and and decide I'm not in the mood to finish 😱

• Sad 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

Just draw. Keep drawing even tough it may be frustrating. I once heard an artist say that artblock is your brain trying to force you to improve faster. When you do improve, the block is over. Just draw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Paw up 1

2 hours ago, Just normal Lilytuft said:

Just draw. Keep drawing even tough it may be frustrating. I once heard an artist say that artblock is your brain trying to force you to improve faster. When you do improve, the block is over. Just draw.

that's really interesting. I think it applies to me too. Sometimes my art just decides to suck, when that happens, I take a break for a bit and then come back, maybe try a new technique or go back to an old technique that's worked for me in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Just normal Lilytuft said:

2 hours ago, baby yoda said:

that's really interesting. I think it applies to me too. Sometimes my art just decides to suck, when that happens, I take a break for a bit and then come back, maybe try a new technique or go back to an old technique that's worked for me in the past. 

Thank you 😄

• Like 1