Stray Fawn Community

Automatic Drones

Nimbatus has a whole section for logc and logic gates, and this post is dedicated to that section. I love using that section to build automatic drones, and I would like to call the public to come up with theories of ways to make a "Brain" for drones. The "Brain" would power a fully automatic drones.

The "Brain" can have many parts, preferably at least one logic gate😉.

Feel free to post images and designs of your automatic drones😀. Happy space flying!

• Like 2

Good idea. Currently if you only share screenshots, you can't really rebuild the drone as you can't see the bindings behind it :/. Maybe we can add an overlay which displays the bindings for easier comparison/sharing/understanding. We'll work on a revamped drone sharing soon. This will take some time, but eventually makes everything much easier.

If someone has build a nice mechanic, please share them here :) Drones of course are also welcome, but remember that public demo and closed alpha drones are not compatible. Maybe add the version number when sharing to prevent frustration :)

I've already made relatively complicated systems; I think our current logic blocks are a feasible approach, but more specialized blocks are needed.

A modification to impulse is needed, I think.  An input, which if set, will wait the delayed time, then activate the output for the output time.  If not set, it will behave as it does currently.

This little modification will allow 'macros', chains of linked and sequential behaviors that can be triggered by a single event; it will enable much more complex behavior.

I've put a feature request for it here: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The crop duster by @Kabbyyss probably beat you by a week or so, @MLGTASTIC, but it wasn't nearly so large or complex.  

That dive-and-leap behavior is something I spent hours and hours and hours trying to eliminate.  It's the natural state of all my automated drones, and I always needed lots of control thrust and lots of logic to control it.  That's pretty good control for a first iteration.Screenshot_236.png

• Like 2