Stray Fawn Community

I joined the "another story mode playthrough" gang

Sky

the story begins with a child named Addik :)image.thumb.png.3a3eede28718eea624f30a43dfbd4b5c.png

Addik's middle gem is white because he's a leader, and the outer ones are green because his role is Fisher. except he's exempt from his fishing duties until he has one non-leader member

(copy and pasted from my rules for my other story mode tribe that I already deleted)

each teen is given a rank at birth:

• Leader/Heir—(middle gem) White—The current leader of the tribe. Leaders still have their original role in addition to being a leader. If the tribe is in a dire situation (e.g. tribe is starving, will die out if a nest is not made), then the leader may be exempt from their original role, and may do whatever they need to do in order to help their tribe live on. Once their tribe is out of the dire situation, the leader must return to their original role's duties.
  • Gatherer—Red—Gathers any plant other than roots + termites (they'll have to work with a digger to get to them though)
  • Digger—Pink—half as common as other roles—Digs roots + worms and 'destroys' (digs up) bushes and termite hills
  • Hunter—Orange—kills stuff
  • Nestkeeper—Yellow—Retired breeding females only when they retire they roll to see if they change to Nestkeeper, one in 8 chance)—Females giving birth must have a Nestkeeper beside them. Children are watched over by Nestkeepers. Nestkeepers are the only creatures allowed to repair nests. They are allowed to clear out grass that is obscuring a nest, up to one tile away from the nest. They can feed peaceful bears.
  • Scout—Purple—Explores and collects grass. They can destroys rocks if needed, but not bushes.
  • Fisher—Green—May catch fish, collect kelp and seashells

image.png.ea1e6bea7164a81b21c4f9958da8c6cf.png

• Like 3

(p.s. I used a personality generator to help me with Addik's personality)

Addik doesn't have a life plan at all. He just goes with the flow. Dropped onto a new island? Well let's just go to the next and see what happens. And that's how he met a lovely young huntress that hates him named Evel. She was also dropped by a bird here. What a coincidence. She joins Addik's tribe only because she has nothing else to do and she doesn't want to be leader of a tribe. She's not that much of a team person tho.

image.png.9f8160d7dfb1592d70d2348ad13a1afe.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

(p.s. I used a personality generator to help me with Addik's personality)

Addik doesn't have a life plan at all. He just goes with the flow. Dropped onto a new island? Well let's just go to the next and see what happens. And that's how he met a lovely young huntress that hates him named Evel. She was also dropped by a bird here. What a coincidence. She joins Addik's tribe only because she has nothing else to do and she doesn't want to be leader of a tribe. She's not that much of a team person tho.

image.png.9f8160d7dfb1592d70d2348ad13a1afe.png

She's really pretty!

• Like 1

Evel is a huntress and there wasn't anything to hunt so she dragged Addik to the next island.

They still hate eachother but Evel plucks a leech off of Addik. "Don't want tha only other nicheling I ever seen, do I?" (I'm doing my best at a scottish accent. or maybe I'm thinking of an irish accent. idek)

Addik and Evel are getting old. Addik finally comes up to Evel and says, "Hey, uh... we're kinda getting old here." "Yeh, we are." "So, I was thinking... uhhh. Do you ever want kids?" Evel eyes him warily. "Yeh, I do. What about it?" "Uh, well, I was thinking... I, um, want to have kids too... and, well there isn't anyone else around here... so," Addik gathers his courage, "would you like to be my mate?" Evel looks at him. "Do I? No. No, I do not. Not mates. But..." Addik looks at her hopefully. "I will have a few children with you. But ONLY," she adds when Addik looks very excited, "ONLY if you do not tell 'em you are their father. For all they'll know, their father is a rogue." She wrinkles her nose at the thought. "Rogues are nasty, but they're better than you." Thus, Addik, y'know, gets Evel pregnant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In the morning, Evel gives birth to a young son named Nekketh. Addik keeps his promise and doesn't tell the young one that he is the child's father, only that he is "a friend."

image.thumb.png.5645727416f4e8b8472f49bec0ded7c1.png

That same morning, a scout named Jagger is found. Evel starts to regret her decision to mate with Addik, but if she leaves him now, he'd likely find a way to exact revenge. Jagger is nice, and clear out the grass around the nest.

image.png.21de74026e6f074ee14bc2f7edaed829.png

Nekketh becomes a teen, and joins his mother as a hunter. He's very worried that the tribe will starve if he doesn't help out.

Addik gives his family a final farewell, even though he can not tell his son the truth. He watches as Evel gives birth to a son, Bevv, but passes away soon after. Evel is slightly heartbroken, but she did not care for Addik much anyways.

image.thumb.png.90d31ce47a784156797bb5f8acf4126f.png

• Like 2

Nekketh comes across a teen female (THANK GOODNESS). She says she is a scout named Nalinna. Nekketh invited her into the tribe but is very worried that they'll starve to death because his mother is about to die and will leave him as the only food-gatherer.

image.png.64a8416cd236716d099bc3ea66590fc4.png

The next morning, Evel tells her young sons goodbye, and passes away. Nalinna becomes an adult. I forgot that we no longer have a leader so when Evel passed she told Jagger that he's have to be temporary leader until Bevv became a teen—he's the only one in the tribe that carries the scent of Home. (Evel told her children that her mate was from Home, and wanted his descendants to make their way back Home. she didn't say that her mate was Addik.)

Bevv becomes a teen, and thankfully decides to take the role of Gatherer. He becomes leader of the tribe.

Nekketh becomes an adult, and while hunting with his brother, he tells Bevv of his plans. "I, uh was thinking that tomorrow... I think tomorrow I'm going to ask Nalinna to be my mate..." Bevv looked at him. "What do you mean, 'ask to be your mate'?" "Well, you know, tomorrow I'd go up to her... and say, 'Nalinna, I was,' uh, 'thinking, and I thought'...'you could be my mate?' And then hopefully she says yes and... you know... we'd have kids together." Bevv wrinkles up his nose. "You want to be her mate? No, you may not be her mate. As leader, I can decide to do whatever I want. And I decide that Nalinna will be my mate. After all, if we don't find another female, our father's—whoever he is—descendants will never find his home, because none of them will carry its scent if I don't have any children." Nekketh is horrified. "What do you mean I can't be her mate?! You're not even old enough to be her mate yet!" "Oh, but I will be. Soon." "I know she doesn't like you. She'll resist." "I know," replies Bevv casually. He stays silent and plucks a berry off a bush and pops it into his mouth. He offers one to Nekketh, and he hesitatingly takes one—he won't risk starving. As much as he loves Nalinna, Bevv is too powerful—not only is he leader, but he is also the only Gatherer. Unless Nalinna can fight him off—which would be hard, because despite her big body, his body is protected by sharp spines, and if she did fight him off, she'd surely be cast out of the tribe and be a loner again unable to survive—Bevv will get what he wants.

• Like 1

Bevv, as he knew, soon becomes an adult. He leaves Nekketh to hunting and Jagger to clearing grass, and asks Nalinna to come with him to hidden area. There, he asks her to be his mate. She laughs. "Me and you? Mates? Are you serious? No!" She laughs again, thinking this is a joke. Bevv is not amused. "Yes, you and I. Mates." Nalinna senses this isn't as much of a joke as she thought, and shakes her head 'no.' "You think you have a choice? I am your leader. I am your gatherer. Without me, you would live on the few scraps Nekketh catches for a few days, but eventually, he'd run out of stagmoles, and you would starve to death. Now, will you be my mate, or not?" The spines on his back rise, ready to fight. Thankfully—or sadly?—Nalinna no longer objects, and soon enough, she is with child.

image.png.b4d393dd6fad19a24d7019a52efaed34.png

Nalinna gives birth to a daughter, Pipper, but as she does not smell of Home, Nalinna is soon expecting again.image.png.a42578a7af55fbb06fd1d72c75435833.png

Meanwhile, Nekketh hunts every stagmole and rabbil he can find, with Jagger following him around, gathering the meat (and grass too when there's no meat).

Pipper becomes a fisher, and Nalinna gives birth to a daughter smelling of Home, Rahana. Bevv gives Nalinna a break, but 'assures' her that her work is not done.

image.png.2c9018faeaacb1c438f3453543762c31.png

Rahana becomes a Scout like her mother. A bearyena is smelled nearby but has not come into view yet.

• Like 1